Join a fast-paced trade association that feels like a family business and operates like a startup. No job is too big or too small for our dynamic team that passionately educates, communicates and markets on behalf of the 1,800 grape growers and vineyard owners in Sonoma and Marin Counties.
The Relationship & Program Manager’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the management of the Commission Sponsorship and Grower Education Programs. This individual will be responsible for raising sponsorship dollars and the event management of SCW’s grower facing events (Annual Dollars & $ense Meeting, Grower BBQ, themed educational series etc). They will work with key partners to design educational programs and content that is of value for Sonoma County’s 1,800 grape growers. This individual will develop and maintain strong relationships with both grape growers and key partners/sponsors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Revenue Generation & Event Management
• Manage Commission & Event Sponsorship program and recruitment of all Sponsors and key partners, ensuring high satisfaction and retention.
• Recruit new partnerships and develop strong relationships with them and existing key partners to drive revenue for the Commission.
• Plan and coordinate annual Sponsor Appreciation Luncheon
• Raise sponsorship dollars for and plan and organize SCW’s annual meeting Dollars & $ense (contract, catering, event flow and corresponding tradeshow).
• Raise sponsorship dollars for and plan and organize SCW’s annual Grower BBQ & Tradeshow (contract, registration, catering, event flow and corresponding tradeshow).
• Raise sponsorship dollars for and plan and organize SCW’s annual Holiday Harvest Celebration
• Recruit Sponsors and Vendors for two annual tradeshows. Coordinate and manage logistics for the two annual tradeshows; the Dollars & $ense Seminar and Tradeshow and Grower Seminar, Tradeshow & BBQ
• Plan and organize annual other events and/or meetings as needed or assigned.
• Support partner and industry events as needed.
• Program management of the Commission’s Sustainability initiative, ensuring data integrity of the Salesforce database.
• Support growers in the assessment and certification process by providing one on one support to answer questions, provide clarification and help them obtain sustainability certification.
• Support Climate Adaptation Program for grape growers
• Manage grants that support grower education, climate adaptation and sustainability and identify new grant opportunities.
• Maintain and enhance current partnerships with strategic organizations such as CA Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA), Fish Friendly Farming (FFF), Farm Bureau etc
• Proactively monitor regulatory and community issues that affect growers and create educational meetings and opportunities to support them in these efforts.
• Obtain insights from grape growers, wineries and suppliers that will drive education and outreach.
• Plan and organize annual grower technical & regulatory education themed meetings i.e. (Technical Meetings, Regulatory Updates, Succession Planning, Hot Topics, etc.)
• Support the programmatic work of the Sonoma County Grape Growers Foundation as needed
• Convene and manage the Grower Education and Sustainability Committee.
Desired Education & Skills
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with academic course work in a relevant discipline (i.e., marketing, education, business administration or other closely related fields of study); and a range of five to ten years related experience.
Excellent English language communication skills including the ability to read and summarize material in a broad range of professional publications and the ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public. Fluency in languages other than English will be considered a plus, especially Spanish.
Knowledge and personal proficiency to use Microsoft Office and Salesforce
Possession of a valid California driver's license, transportation and insurance
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
• Knowledge and passion for agriculture, grape growing and/or wine
• Viticulture or Agriculture knowledge highly preferred
• Strong relationship building and communication skills
• Proven track record of revenue generation and successful event management
• Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Ability to balance multiple projects at once Proven track record of taking initiative and driving results
• Takes initiative and has the ability to wear many hats in a small organization
• Spanish language skills preferred
• Flexibility to work occasional early mornings, early evenings and Saturdays if needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to do everything a typical office worker does which includes use of hands, walking, talking, phone use, etc. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and be to be able to walk in uneven or steep terrain when visiting growers in their vineyards.