Assistant Division Manager
• Job Description Summary
The Assistant Division Managers will maximize the sale of supplier brands to the trade and consumers through effective key account management and selling execution that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
• Take a major role in the education, information, and direction to your assigned division concerning our wine category.
• Key involvement in the teams hiring and selection process, coaching, and issuance of corrective discipline.
• Provide leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of all team personnel.
• Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts.
• Work in conjunction with Division Manager, Brand Development Manager, and Sales Representative to ensure effective execution of distribution, back bar presence, POS, drink features, staff training, promotions, pricing, programming, premium wells, catering, kitchen, wine list and wine by the glass.
• Work in conjunction with pricing and programming departments to ensure marketing structures are aligned (I.E. pricing, combos, flexes, incentives, etc.)
• Gain knowledge of key customer’s business operations and coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
• Coordinate multi-level, multi-department interface in larger properties various activities.
• Effectively service and merchandise assigned accounts.
• Be involved in activities with and around their accounts (IE: committees, functions, charity events, etc.)
• Develop an effective partnership with accounts by building relationships and becoming the primary contact for the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
• Have extensive knowledge of the company’s products.
• Sell concepts and consult with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
• Effectively communicate issues, opportunities, and market intelligence with appropriate management.
• Maintain up-to-date, accurate territory and account records.
• Submit prompt and accurate reports.
• Monitor inventory levels, vintage dates, and out of code product for assigned portfolio.
• Follow company policies and procedures.
• This position is required to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field, Senior Management, and client partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in related field or equivalent experience.
• 3 to 5 years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry.
• Strong Wine Knowledge
• Previous experience as a District Manager is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position further requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions or groups of managers, customers, and employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills.
• Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to enhance wine and spirit sales within an account.
• Competence in the pairing of food and wine.
• Proven track record of successful selling.
• Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
• The ability to lift without restrictions.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
• Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of specific customer’s business operations and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
• Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific products and associated development process and strategy.