We are a family-owned vintner/business located in Napa Valley that produces highly acclaimed Bordeaux-style reds, and other notable varietal wines, -- coveted for their exceptional quality, scarcity, and collectibility. With our winemaker, Philippe Melka, we have been proud to share our wines to enthusiastic response ...with collectors from across the nation and around the world … at notable destinations including the White House, #10 Downing Street, and the Imperial Palace of Japan.
WE ARE SEEKING:
An exceptionally capable, motivated, resourceful, and experienced wine professional who will play a pivotal role in our sales and hospitality operations…to help take our winery to the next level; no small feat in view of a rising trajectory marked by ten consecutive years of ascending sales and financial performance.
COMPANY VALUES: Some of the principles that underlie our belief system:
1. Everyone’s primary job is customer-service.
2. Perfect is the enemy of Good;...Ready-Fire-Aim vs. Ready-Aim-Fire.
3. Be Fearless, Fast, Flexible, ...Ferocious.
4. Strive for: Clarity, Alignment, and Accountability.
5. Each day come to work prepared to achieve three meaningful outcomes.
6. Allow for disagreement to give ideas room to breathe. But once a decision is made; we close ranks, commit and move forward.
7. Take your job seriously; but not yourself too seriously.
8. Praise in public; be critical in private.
9. At the end of the day, go home.
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Manage Tasting Room sales and related hospitality operations at our St. Helena winery-campus location.
2. Coordinate all DTC sales initiatives (digital and live) including: management of wine club membership-acquisition/retention/shipment-service activities, support content development, promotion/campaign management, and implementation of customer-related outreach tactics including website, social media.
3. Coordinate customer order fulfillment and customer service activities …including:
• Working with fulfillment/warehouse, third-party shippers, etc., to ensure cost-effective shipment of customer wine orders as requested.
• Addressing customer requests and inquiries related to customer order interests and other service issues.
• Manage compliance (working with Ship-Compliant), shipment-efficiency metrics.
4. Support all other DTC and other sales-related endeavors including:
• Build, establish, and maintain business development relationships with appropriate, local hospitality and service provider/partners
• Help develop and implement effective DTC sales strategies/tactics, programs to:
i. Acquire incremental, qualified members for the MT mailing lists, wine clubs
ii. Drive list-member retention and loyalty
iii. Build purchase rate among patrons
• Provide timely, concise reporting on key performance indicators (KPI) as discussed, agreed-to.
• Perform other duties as needed, including ad hoc projects, event support/travel
a. Strong DTC sales experience (5-10+ years): high-end, retail/branded luxury products, and demonstrated success in the following areas:
i. Building customer relationships
ii. Effective listener (assess customer needs)
iii. Conscientious time management
iv. Natural “closer”
b. Sound marketing instincts/background, strong analytical skills; highly capable at unearthing/translating data into meaningful, actionable information/reports and insights.
c. High-end, fine wine knowledge, especially of Napa Valley, Bordeaux-style reds.
d. Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
e. Strong PC skills: MS/Office (Word, Excel, Power-point), and other core applications.
f. Manage/track wine club sales, plus highly capable developing/implementing digital marketing campaigns, and social media.
g. Valid CA-driver’s license and safety record; plus ability to lift/carry wine and other related case goods (~ 40 lbs.) as needed.
2. Highly desired:
a. Wine industry sales/hospitality experience (5 years+) working directly with high-end consumers.
i. Hospitality/Tasting room, experience
ii. Wine club experience
b. Highly competent, comfortable working with e-commerce, and other wine-sales related software applications – e.g., Ship-Compliant, E-Winery Solutions, etc.,
c. College degree (BA, or BS)
d. Web-coordination, updating capabilities.
1. Exceptional client-service orientation – i.e., “Customer-FIRST”
a. Resourceful, flexible, dynamic
b. Takes initiative
c. Strong work-ethic
d. Comfortable working under pressure, resilient, fearless
3. Strong team player
a. Accountable, reliable, responsible
b. Conscientious, prompt
c. Puts collective/team (results) before self.
4. Effective problem solver
a. Gets the big picture, while being attentive to detail
b. Analytical, resourceful
c. Can navigate through ambiguity
d. Rises to the occasion.
5. Brand ambassador
a. Confident, poised, affable, articulate
b. Gracious, affable, even-tempered
c. Exhibits wine country ethos: Comfortable, balanced, refined, with “light” touch, sense of humor, attentiveness, and sophistication.
- Competitive compensation – DOQ; salary, performance-based commission, and incentives
- Health Benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to 401K
- Paid vacation/PTO