SUMMARY: This harvest position entails all aspects of the vintage from vineyard sampling, crush-pad, laboratory, cellar and even some wine tasting events.
The estimated time frame for this position is August 16th through November 19th.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for performing a variety of cellar operations including but not limited to:
• Grape receiving activities
• Wine/must movements
• Additions to wines/musts
• Cap management practices (punch-downs)
• Fermentation monitoring
• Barrel activities (filling/racking/topping)
• Equipment and tank sanitation
• Field sampling
• Wine sampling and some lab work
• Forklift driving helpful but not required
• Other tasks as necessary
• A positive attitude
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus
• Minimum one year cellar experience
• Effective communication skills
• Good reading, writing and math skills
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
• Ability to lift up to 42 lbs.
• Ability to work in various temperatures
The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company, with ten renowned wineries, eight state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, seven beautiful tasting rooms and more than 800 coveted acres of vineyards spanning 22 sustainably farmed Estate properties. Established in 1976, when legendary vintners Dan and Margaret Duckhorn founded Napa Valley’s iconic Duckhorn Vineyards, today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark. We offer a curated and comprehensive portfolio of acclaimed luxury wines with price points ranging from $20 to $200 across more than 15 varietals and 25 appellations. Duckhorn Portfolio wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in more than 50 countries around the world. Our 400+ uniquely passionate and highly tenured employees typically join us for our employee-centric culture and industry-leading benefits and thrive in the company of dynamic colleagues, a fast-paced environment, and career development opportunities. To learn more about us, please visit: https://www.duckhornportfolio.com/.