Grace and Ken Evenstad founded Domaine Serene in the Dundee Hills of Oregon in 1989. The Evenstads had faith and confidence in Oregon early on, before there was a national market for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from the region. Today, Domaine Serene produces wines from six individual vineyard estates, planted exclusively to Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Each estate offers a diversity of soils, clones, rootstocks, microclimates, slopes, and elevations that add distinguishing complexity and elegance to the wines. In 2001, the Evenstads completed construction of their current state-of-the art, five-level, gravity flow Pinot Noir winery. They broke ground in 2017 for their Chardonnay and Sparkling Winery, the first dedicated white winery of its kind in Oregon and will debut their new Sparkling Wine program that is scheduled for release in the summer of 2018. The wineries, located on the prestigious Winery Hill Estate, were built as a statement to the quality of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay that can be produced from the world-class Dundee Hills AVA. In 2015, Ken and Grace acquired Château de la Crée, the respected wine estate located in the birthplace of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, the renowned Côte d’Or. This made them the first Oregon-based vintners to own land and produce wines in Burgundy, France. In total, the Evenstads own 1,000 total acres of land in the hills of Yamhill County, with 275 acres planted to vines, and 25 acres, comprised of over forty percent Premier Cru vineyards, in the Côte de Beaune region of Burgundy. Finally, in 2017 Domaine Serene opened a new best-in-class hospitality center, the Clubhouse at Domaine Serene, that is changing the landscape of fine wine hospitality in the Pacific Northwest. For the past 25 years, Domaine Serene, under the guidance of the Evenstads, has been focused on excellence in a never-ending quest to produce through continuous improvement and a commitment to extremely high internal standards. Domaine Serene’s wines represent the achievement that is possible in Oregon, one of the finest regions in the world for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
The Winery Ambassador broadens our reach by nurturing both new and existing clients to further the Evenstad Estates brands. This person works as part of a highly skilled and agile elite team of specialists that supports our Wine Clubs, DTC Sales, and Operations overall. Each Ambassador is driven to inspire and educate our staff and customers, and in the process build the image, visibility, and membership of Evenstad Estates.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, driven to succeed, with the ability to work at a high level in a fast-paced, luxury wine environment.
Role and Responsibilities
• Actively promotes the sale of Domaine Serene wine and Wine Club memberships to existing and potential customers via phone, email, and hospitality.
• Fosters and strengthens relationships with current Wine Club member base through active communication and outreach.
• Assists in execution of exciting and educational events to recruit new members, retain existing members, and increase wine club sales.
• Attend all Wine Club events.
• Assists Direct-to-Consumer Team with:
• Fielding Wine Club related questions.
• Handling customizations, upgrades, credit card declines, etc.
• Maintaining CRM database.
• Training of Wine Club programing.
• Scheduling, and hosting curated, bespoke experiences.
• Maintains and grows personal Outreach Key Contacts and business.
• Assists in mentoring Sommelier and Guest Services teams on ongoing Outreach priorities, monthly goals, systems, and processes.
• Elevate wine culture and knowledge among winery Hospitality Team.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Dynamic and passionate about fine wine with a high level of wine experience.
• Bachelor’s or Associates Degree; Hospitality or Business focus preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in inside sales, outreach, or customer service for a premier or luxury brand.
• Certified Sommelier, CSW or WSET Level 2 preferred.
• Proficient in Wine Direct and Wine Club processing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Zoom, and other online group communication platforms.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Detail-oriented work habits and strong organizational skills.
• OLCC Service Permit.
• Physical activities required includes excessive standing, walking and will regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Job requires the ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule if needed including evenings, weekends, and Open House weekends such as Memorial Day and Thanksgiving.
The compensation package is competitive and includes bonus potential. Additional benefits include health, dental and vision care, a 401K program with employer match, term life insurance, paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays.