The Napa Valley Reserve is a private club with a Membership of approximately 600 couples who share a passion for wine and the way of life that surrounds it. The Napa Valley Reserve offers the opportunity to experience and enjoy the production of wine. Our employees are committed to providing excellence in service and customer satisfaction. We are currently looking to add harvest interns to our team that demonstrate an elevated level of knowledge and passion for the wine making process.
*Due to the current global pandemic we are only accepting domestic applications
* Carry out all cellar activities assigned by the Wine making Team respecting the wine and quality objectives.
* Clean and sanitize winery equipment and hoses.
* Aid in barrel movements.
* Fill, operate and clean the press.
* Assist crush pad operations.
* Help in cleaning the crush pad, winery and winery equipment.
* Use only sanitized equipment when appropriate.
* Perform barrel racking and barrel cleaning.
* Make additions to barrels per written work orders.
* Help maintain empty barrels.
* Perform pumpovers and punchdowns per written work orders; perform barrel topping and stirring (rotations) per written work orders.
* Help track fermentation's (brix, and temperatures).
* Sample vineyard grapes.
* Assist in laboratory tasks when needed.
* Follow all procedures and protocols, including safety procedures.
* Ask questions when procedures are not clear.
* Immediately report any errors or out-of-the-ordinary circumstances in the cellar to the Winemaker, Assistant Winemaker or Cellar Foreman.
* Maintain a clean and organized cellar.
* Other duties as assigned
* Education: High School diploma or equivalent education
* Years of Experience: Two (2) or more years’ cellar experience
* Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail and follow through
* Team oriented, willing to help co-workers
* Ability to remain calm under pressure
* Self-motivated and a positive attitude
* Honest, energetic and enthusiastic
* Basic math skills
* Valid California or International driver’s license
* Forklift experience
* Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing. Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus
The Napa Valley Reserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer.