Constellation Brands is a leading international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. We offer a wide range of exciting career opportunities in sales, marketing, operations, production, finance, and administration. As a part of the Constellation team, employees are encouraged to improve their skills and performance throughout their careers through various professional and educational development programs. Constellation provides a robust on boarding program in addition to ongoing training initiatives to help employees integrate into the organization quickly and maximize their growth potential.
The candidate will be a key and highly visible leader within the Operations Finance group, managing the Finance Support for all Winery Operations Facilities within US. They will partner closely with the Wine Operations General Managers, and work under the guidance of the Director of Finance. It is key that candidates demonstrate the ability to build and lead a team of finance analysts, as well as be a leader among operations management. We operate in a dynamic, ever improving, ever changing environment. Candidates must be able to help their team delegate their time and resources effectively, to problem solve, to identify and overcome hurdles, and help drive action within operations. Candidates will be responsible for helping operations execute the transformation strategy.
* Strong Management and Leadership skills with the ability to coach, develop and retain high functioning finance team members.
* Communication of operational performance: strong communication up/down and throughout the organization. Translate accounting data, financial plans, and operational statistics into consumable and actionable information.
* Coordinate and lead the preparation of monthly Operational reporting support and analysis for all wine production facilities; Complete timely monthly reporting package including relevant commentary through cross functional collaboration with each production facility to ensure risks and opportunities are clearly communicated to the senior leadership team.
* Support the monthly and quarterly forecasting and R/O process.
* Execute the Annual Operating Plan process under the direction of the VP and Director. Update periodic forecasts as part of ongoing risk/opportunity tracking.
* Be a true business partner that is comfortable influencing operations leadership, that also challenges status quo, and do what is right for the business.
* Help the VP and Sr. Leadership drive change initiatives.
* Leverage JDE, Hyperion suite of products, Wine System to increase automation and accuracy.
* Act as key liaison between the Wine Ops Leadership team and the broader accounting/finance CBI community.
* Support the annual physical inventory process, ensuring accurate reporting and documentation.
* Help identify risks, financial or operational, and communicate those risks appropriately.
* Travel: main operational facility is Woodbridge Winery in Lodi, CA with other wineries scattered in Napa, Sonoma, Gonzales. Candidate should be able to travel between facilities as needed, typically visiting at least 2 sites per month in addition to their home site, as needed.
* Facility and Office locations include Napa, Sonoma, Acampo, Gonzales, San Francisco, Canandaigua (NY).
Core Competencies to be Successful
* Leadership qualities and team-building skills.
* Communications skills and ability to communicate clearly to all levels in the organization including a broad base of finance and business partners.
* Working knowledge of accounting, cost accounting and finance to be able to translate the data to different parties.
* Strong problem-solving skills. Uses data to drive decisions.
* Project Management, Forecasting and Financial Reporting Skills.
* Strong execution and follow-through, with an "act now" mentality to drive quick results.
* Customer/Quality Focus.
* Bachelor's degree: preferably in Business, Finance or Accounting.
* M.B.A. Finance concentration a plus.
* 5+ years of experience in team leadership, reporting and operations finance.
* Experience in the Wine Industry preferred.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
* Experience with JD Edwards ERP and database management preferred.
* Proficiency with Excel modeling.
* Ability to Travel between production sites on West Coast.
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
* Occasional lifting to 25 lbs.
* Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time .
* Primary work environment is professional corporate office.
* Ability to travel throughout North America.
Finance & Accounting
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).