Trefethen Family Vineyards is looking for the right individual for an important customer-facing hospitality position among our growing team. We are a family-owned estate vineyard and winery operation in the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley. For 50 years, we have been crafting world-class wines with our own estate grown grapes. Our historic winery, originally built in 1886 and re-opened in the spring of 2017 after a full restoration, is the centerpiece of our estate and the focal point for the many visitors we receive each year.
Under the supervision of the Wine Club Coordinator and the Visitor Center Supervisor, the Estate Concierge is expected to be energetic, detail-oriented, and a natural salesperson on the phone, in person, and via email. This position is responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service to our longtime loyal club members and first-time visitors alike.
• Assist potential visitors with appointments for tasting experiences via phone, email and in person
• Effectively communicate our brand and sell our wines to existing and prospective customers.
• Handle day to day responsibilities for wine club administration including: accurate data entry in Wine Direct, new member outreach, tracking and fulfillment of shipments, credit card updates, and general problem solving
• Review and approve sales orders for accuracy of customer information and shipping details
• Supporting in the Visitor Center greeting and checking guests in and answering phones
• Local outreach to hotel concierge to develop relationships that lead to referral business
• Participate in occasional winery related special events both on and off-site
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Experience in customer service in the fine wine industry
• Effective and courteous communication skills with diverse client groups in writing and in person
• Proficient computer skills, including e-mail, customer databases, Google, Word and Excel
• Ability and willingness to learn how to create and maintain monthly reports
• Experience with Wine Direct software, ShipCompliant and CellarPass a plus
• Enjoy working in a team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned
• Ability to handle constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and a calm demeanor
• Knowledge of wine and passion to continually learn more
• Professional appearance and demeanor - business casual dress code - slacks, shirts, blouses, sweaters, closed-toe shoes
• Work schedule to include weekends especially during peak season
• Available to work club shipment months and holiday season (November through December)
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• High school diploma – college degree preferred
Work is performed within a general office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work is sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 30% of the time.
The nature of this position requires one to be on the phone several hours of most days.
• Operate a desktop computer using keyboard and mouse, employing repetitive arm and wrist motions.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
• Specific vision abilities require close and distance vision.
• Sit for long periods of time.
• Occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 46 pounds.
• Occasionally bend, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch or climb stairs
To apply, send us a resume.
Trefethen Family Vineyards
P.O. Box 2460
Napa, CA 94558
No phone calls or recruiters, please.