Leap Solutions Group & the Russian River Valley Winegrowers
Announce the Search for an Executive Director
Leap Solutions Group is proud to support Russian River Valley Winegrowers’ in their search for a new Executive Director.
The Russian River Valley Winegrowers (RRVW) is a nonprofit marketing and educational group dedicated to promoting the Russian River Valley as the premier region for growing cool climate grapes while producing wines that showcase the diversity of the AVA’s six neighborhoods. Generations of farmers and winemakers here are continuing a long legacy of producing distinctive wines of exceptional quality, authenticity, and integrity. They take seriously their responsibility to be good stewards of the land that sustains them through environmentally sound, socially equitable, and economically feasible practices. Today the RRVW has more than 200 members including growers, wineries, and sponsors with the Russian River Valley American Viticultural Area (AVA) spanning over 150 miles and 165,000 acres of premium wine grape vineyards. Members gain access to marketing, media, educational seminars, events and resources as part of their membership. In addition, they become part of a broad community of Industry professionals who meet on a regular basis to share their passion and expertise with each other. The RRVW provides regular marketing, publicity and community relations support through consumer events that promote the Russian River Valley as one of the world’s premier winegrowing regions.
Could this be a fit for you?
• Do you have a flair for creating innovative events and programs that could showcase the diversity of the Russian River Valley and help to draw people into the region? A region known for its unsurpassed natural beauty combined with an exquisite wine, food and luxury lodging experiences.
• Do you have a passion for growers, wines and vineyards?
• Are you a strong leader and collaborator?
• Are you a whiz at budget management?
• Are you a strategic planner and implementer?
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you! Please direct all job inquires to Leap Solutions Group.
Executive Director RRVW Job Description
The Executive Director (ED) has the overall responsibility for the complete operation of the Russian River Valley Winegrowers (RRVW). The RRVW focuses on marketing grapes and wines from the Russian River Valley wine region and on providing programs and services to its members. This involves program planning and implementation, working under direction from the Board of Directors acting in accordance with the policies, procedures and bylaws of the RRVW. The ED is responsible to the Board for the full range of activities: leading the development of marketing and member services programs; managing income and expenditures; maintaining membership and supervising volunteers and staff.
• Participate with the Board of Directors in developing and implementing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
• Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization
• Act as an advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization's activities
• Foster effective team work between the Board and the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and staff
• In addition to the President of the Board, act as a spokesperson for the organization
• Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate
• Represent the organization at community events and maintain strategic relationships with industry stakeholder groups
• Suggest new committees, as needed, and lead committee meetings as appropriate
• Implement, manage and oversee all aspects of the marketing vision for the RRVW. (Social media, email blast, etc.)
• Attend all agreed upon industry meetings
OPERATIONAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
• Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work toward the strategic direction of the organization
• Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization and manage staff, consultants and volunteers
• Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
• Work with the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget
• Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organization
• Research grant opportunities, lead strategic partnerships and sponsor recruitment
• Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board
• Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
• Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the organization
• Oversees and manages the fiscal resources of the RRVW
For a full job description please see the Leap Solutions Group website at https://leapsolutions.com/practice-areas/recruiting/recruiting-opportunities/