Full-time Winemaker (Santa Clarita, Ca)
Agua Dulce Winery in Santa Clarita, CA is seeking a full-time Winemaker for our boutique winery. Our wine is produced from 75 acres of Estate grown fruit as well as 25 acres in Creston, CA. Duties include all aspects of winemaking from grape to bottle, including basic chemical analysis, management of 1-2 well-trained Cellarhands, overseeing and maintaining equipment, and collaboration in vineyard direction. Winemaker would be expected to be onsite for majority of cellar work and lab analysis as well as full-time (plus extended hours) during harvest and bottling.
This is a rare opportunity and we greatly look forward to this major addition to our team!
• Ability to stand for long periods, climb stairs and work at heights.
• Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to climb ladders.
• Positive, creative, flexible, and innovative team player, with a "can do"
• Have a sound mechanical aptitude and be able to operate bottling lines,
grapes presses and the various mechanical equipment used for
• Thorough understanding of cellar processes.
• Engage with Vineyard team to execute picking schedules.
• Develop winemaking protocols and work with Production team to
implement and establish best winemaking practices.
• Establish harvest season winemaking standards (grape sugar/acids,
processing, finishing) and actively participates in crush planning and
• Closely monitor fermentations and pressing schedules.
• Supervise wine and juice lab bench trials.
• Intimate knowledge of wine quality metrics.
• Identify aromas and flavors in wines and execute treatments to improve