Office Manager / Bookkeeper
Luxury St Helena Winery
St Helena, CA
• A Luxury St Helena Winery is seeking an Office Manager / Bookkeeper to provide administrative support for company personnel and assist in daily accounting operations.
• Provide administrative support to both the C.F.O. and the Leadership Team. This includes but is not limited to; calendar management, expense report processing, correspondence and projects as needed.
• Primary point of contact for administrative office; welcome visitors, answer phones, grant access to visitors at front gate, receive and sort mail, order office supplies as needed.
• Provide administrative support for the corporate office as needed, including acting as liaison for departmental communication, coordinating visitors and supporting ownership and CEO as needed with special assignments/tasks.
• Wine compliance management. Ensure updated licensing is kept on file. Obtain COLAs for wine labels from TTB.
• Responsible for handling samples to outside sales, including coordination of shipping and processing of invoices.
• Trade events coordination. This includes coordinating wine shipments, scheduling travel needs for those attending trade events, and completing necessary paperwork, etc.
• Assist with daily operations and special projects as needed across the company.
• Data entry in Sage and other accounting systems.
• Daily review and posting of cash receipts.
• Creating deposit tickets and taking to bank.
• Accounts payable/receivable.
• Wholesale P.O. management.
• Assist with physical inventory and entry/reconciliation in eCellar and Sage.
Core Competencies, Traits & Skills:
• At least 5 years of previous experience in bookkeeping, office management and/or administrative support
• Experience with defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
• Energetic self-starter who has demonstrated an ability to communicate and work in a matrix environment.
• Strong, well-developed organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple areas and tasks simultaneously.
• Focused on systems and procedures, recordkeeping, planning, and careful organization of activities, tasks and projects that require accuracy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of providing basic computer IT support to winery staff.
• High proficiency with Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
• Ability to efficiently problem solve independently and prioritize.
• Analytical thinking and mathematically inclined.
• Basic knowledge and appreciation of fine wines with a dedication to ongoing learning.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
• Ability to lift and carry a 9.0 liter case of wine.