The Bottling Operator I position tends to day to day operation of bottling equipment. The position follows standard operating procedures and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
* Under moderate supervision performs basic operation and minimal troubleshooting (white level) on a minimum of 2 of the following machine centers; Monobloc, Labeler, Case Packer, Depal, and Palletizer.
* Operates and cleans bottling equipment.
* Safely and efficiently operate all pieces of equipment on multiple production lines to meet or exceed established production goals in a cost-effective manner.
* Assist with change overs.
* Maintains the mindset that there is always room for improvement, there is always a way to do it better.
* Ability to keep work area clean, organized and Food Safety compliant. Responsible for general housekeeping duties and maintaining a sanitary work area.
* Responsible for routine production reporting and quality checks.
* Must be able to consistently perform all in-process and final production quality control and verification checks.
* Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices.
* Demonstrates situational awareness and a sense of urgency on the production floor.
* Demonstrate a sense of urgency for Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
* Communicates effectively with team members, leadership and other departments.
* Follows all safety procedures and guidelines. Identifies safety hazards and communicates to team members and leadership.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude, ability to work with team members to achieve production goals and has a desire to continuously learn and improve.
* Maintains job competencies as outlined in provided skill qualification matrix.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have strong mechanical skills. May be required to pass a Mechanical Aptitude Test.
* Able to perform diverse and complex tasks on highly technical machine centers.
* Complete qualification matrix level white or equivalent one-year repetitive manufacturing experience.
* Able to work various shifts and schedules including weekends as needed.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
* Climb or balance stairs/ladders
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
* Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).