Position Title: Field Sales Manager – Sacramento & Central Valley
Reports to: Division Manager CA/HI
Status/Classification: FT Exempt
Key aspects for this position are selling and brand-building the DAOU portfolio of wines to existing customers, developing new key accounts, and collaborating with our wholesaler partner. This DAOU Lion should think like an owner and is accountable for a sustainable record of sales achievements accomplished with a broad knowledge of our products, philosophy, and policies, as well as the competitive landscape.
Sales & Customer Management
- Work “on the street” in your assigned market a minimum of 4 to 4.5 days per week making account calls alongside distributor sales staff or working independently in key accounts.
- Conduct regular calls on the top accounts in the region in addition to distributor market “ride-withs” to ensure sales execution, pricing integrity, and brand building initiatives are implemented.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding our “one” premise sales objectives including national account compliance, execution of marketing programs, and attainment of profit goals.
- Cultivate strong relationships with the distributor, DAOU marketing team, and key customers.
- Coach distributor sales members to educate them on our brands, brand activation initiatives and execution standards.
- Attain distribution in the top ten accounts for each sales route throughout Sacramento & Central Valley.
- Consistently call on key accounts to implement and review our brand program priorities.
- Deliver staff trainings for accounts.
- Develop and lead promotional events.
- Create and maintain an organized database of key accounts.
- Participate in trade and consumer tastings, as well as wine dinners, for our key accounts in the markets.
- Achieve or exceed annual accounts sold, depletion and shipment objectives, and profit goals in your markets.
- Work alongside DAOU’s senior management to implement and oversee our sales plan in each market and participate in regular meetings with key distributor personnel.
- Conduct all duties in a professional, effective and efficient manner that meets the DAOU Family Estates standards.
- Follow pricing policies that capitalize on market opportunities while delivering company profitability.
- Assist in quarterly business reviews with distributors.
Administration & Analysis
- Travel and Expense Reports - must be submitted monthly on the DAOU Expense Report and within your allotted T&E budget.
- Submit Competitive Pricing Reports as requested.
- Manage VIP Tour and Tasting Requests at winery and submit on DAOU’s internal form.
- Provide senior management with requested reports including monthly accomplishment recap, regional account updates, top 50 account updates, work-with schedules, etc.
- Deploy winery resources including DAOU’s marketing and hospitality teams, and our web- based VIP sales management portal.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and field sales experience with an emphasis on new business development, face-to-face selling, and ability to close the sale.
- A background selling wine in California.
- Provide evidence to support direct sales achievements.
- Experience working with structured sales-driven companies.
- Must be meticulous, efficient, and possess solid time management skills.
- Strong business acumen, keen negotiating skills, and excellent computer skills.
- Three years or more experience working for a wine distributor or supplier/importer.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Success Factors/Job Competencies
- Currently resides or will reside in the Greater Sacramento area.
- Established working relationships with key chain, independent retail, and on-premise accounts.
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals and growing distribution for premium wine brands like DAOU
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and computer skills.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Able to comfortably lift, and move wine averaging 40 pounds per case.
The primary focus is on execution at the account level and requires a person who is self-motivated and willing to commit to the hours required to get the job done. Successful candidates will be high- energy, high-credibility personalities who love to close deals, love working in the wine industry and are proven, trusted relationship builders in the market. This position reports to the California/Hawaii Division Manager.
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
DAOU is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.