The accounts receivable specialist maintains assigned customer accounts ensuring that they are accurate and collected timely. They follow all state legislations regarding delinquent accounts, oversee the collection process and negotiate payment plans.
1. Compiles and validates documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions and ensures compliance with regulatory documentation requirements.
2. Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received, to accounting
3. Reconciles customer accounts by resolving A/R discrepancies and problems.
4. Issues customer credits in accordance with procedures set forth by management.
5. Contacts customers to resolve payment discrepancies and responds to customer or sales person inquiries.
6. Weekly review of assigned account's Ageing Reports and applies appropriate actions including but not limited to Write off requests, short ships, price adjustments, etc.
7. Maintains records by updated notes through the Navision system.
8. Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor or designee.
9. Makes outgoing phone calls daily on past due accounts, documents and communicates
collections issues with the appropriate staff
10. Assists clients in the reconciliation, research and resolution of account discrepancies
11. Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
12. Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Generates standard reports as needed.
• Maintains relationships with all internal and external contacts.
• Associate Degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience in accounts receivable with thorough knowledge of accounting principles, and accounts receivable procedures.
• Strong technical and math skills.
• Intermediate Excel knowledge is a must.
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening