Established wine publication seeks an assistant to join our small but efficient editorial team. Expert grammar / writing skills, confidentiality and discretion are all essential, as is the ability to juggle and prioritize tasks. This position requires excellent organizational skills, flexibility and initiative. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact effectively and in a positive manner with Contributors as well as IT, Marketing and Events staff based in other parts of the world and in different time zones. Attention to detail and strong IT systems skills are also required. This is Home Office based, Part Time position. Remuneration will be based on an hourly rate, commensurate with experience. Hours are flexible with a weekly time commitment for this position of 20-40 hours, depending on the publication's need.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
• Helps with the editing and proofreading (for grammar, spelling, etc.) and required formatting of articles for publication
• Helps organize the Contributor and Editorial teams’ workflows
• Helps to format and post new articles on our website
• Assists and reports to the Editor-in-Chief
• Junior college or college degree
• Strong English grammar & writing skills
• Professional editing, writing and/or publishing experience
• Speed reader with attention to detail
• Able to work efficiently under deadline pressure
• Must be flexible with hours
• Windows Office proficiency: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experience in using Photoshop preferred
• Interest in wine