Full Job Description
Founded in Monterey County in 1972, Scheid Family Wines is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the country with extensive estate vineyard holdings and a state of the art winery campus. In addition to our flagship Scheid Vineyards brand, we produce and market over two dozen core and exclusive brands including District 7, Sunny With A Chance Of Flowers, Metz Road, Ranch 32 and Ryder Estate.
SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Bottling Supervisor, this position will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the bottling line(s) in the Finished Goods warehouse. This position includes supervision of both permanent and temporary personnel to include hiring, training, performance management, discipline, and separation. Will be responsible for communicating directly with bottling management about daily, weekly, and monthly performance in this area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and direct bottling and post-production staff (both temporary and permanent employees) to ensure safety, quality and production goals are met daily
• Report any policy violations, tardiness, absences and other personnel matters to Bottling Manager and Bottling Supervisor immediately
• Record setup notes on bottling runs to improve efficiencies, quality and production
• Record efficiency and downtime to improve cost per case and labor allocation
• Complete and turn in accurate pre-bottling checklists, production numbers, work orders, BOM’s and other required paperwork on a daily basis
• Manage changeovers with correct change parts to prevent damage to equipment
• Manage change parts and consumables inventories, assist in ordering as needed with Bottling Supervisor
• Collaborate with equipment maintenance to make appropriate adjustments, preventative maintenance, and repairs to bottling line as needed
• Collaborate with QC on start-up protocols and check lists. Make adjustments to equipment as necessary to meet standards
• Ensure all BRC and GMP requirements are followed
• Lead daily morning briefings and other training sessions as requested
• Make recommendations for bottling line team additions, promotions, responsibilities, and long-term plan for success
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement to reduce cost and waste
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma, associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of bottling or food/beverage production experience
• Strong understanding of equipment and mechanical operations
• Strong math skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to anticipate problems and resolve ahead of potential issues
• Ability to think creatively to develop innovative and more efficient operational procedures
• Bilingual in English & Spanish a plus
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Family Wines offers a competitive base compensation, bonus, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Employees enjoy a large discount on our products.
Scheid Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible