The Business Process Manager (BPM) will evaluate and analyze current portfolio business practices and work with the Director of Portfolio Governance to make ongoing recommendations for continual process improvement. A successful BPM will help portfolio leadership understand and implement new processes to increase company efficiency and profits.
• Investigate current workflows and choke points within the portfolio department by interviewing and shadowing all appropriate participants.
• Document existing workflows and re-create streamlined workflows to show the gap between the current and ideal end states including training and maintenance of all documentation.
• Develop recommendations for moving to the ideal end-state process and present proposals to key stakeholders and leaders for buy-in.
• Project manage the execution of recommendations by working closely with cross-functional stakeholders through an implementation plan.
• Develop initiatives for continuous business process improvements in coordination with portfolio leadership.
• Be the liaison between the portfolio department and key stakeholders across the company to identify opportunities for future efficiency projects.
• Understands multiple project management methodologies and defines the appropriate deliverables through project phases (i.e. planning, analysis, specification, and validation).
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Arrives to work, appointments, meetings, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicate hazards and/or suggest improvements to Manager
• Other duties as assigned
Normal office environment
Telephone, copier, computer, fax machine, calculator
Sitting, standing, bending, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity, lifting up to 10lbs
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or IT.MBA strongly preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in business analysis/process improvement or related technical field.
• Experienced user of Project Management Software, Process Mapping Software, and MS Office Suite.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills with experience providing business insights and recommendations from multiple input sources (e.g. data sets, interview feedback, process flow documents, etc.).
• Experience presenting complex organizational and process flow content to general audiences.
• Expertise in efficiency measurement and change management techniques.