This position is responsible for strategy, planning and analysis of cased goods and wine logistics supporting National and International Distributors shipments; Agency partners imports and transfers; and internal customer & rsquo;s movement of wine. Providing recommendations on efficient logistics operations to the EC and Supply Chain Distribution & Logistics Director, this role will establish the business requirements, process and system needs as well as organization structure for the Delicato Logistics network. Provides leadership in freight cost optimization and analysis and efficient cased goods and materials flow to sales, imports, exports and intra-company movements.
• Develops recommended courses of action to meet supply chain logistics/company objectives; conducts studies to determine feasibility, costs benefits, and potential program applications in area of responsibility. Develops business logistics strategy and organization requirements inclusive of process and systems for domestic and international transportation.
• Works with Sales Finance, Exclusive, International, Business Services and Custom Resource Group when developing the Distribution network roadmap and planning transition of freight opportunities for current and new business.
• Collaborates cross-functionally to develop logistics systems that streamline and connect processes between work areas to ensure efficient workflow; avoid redundancy and/or disconnects; inclusive of planning, risk mitigation and compliance.
• Educates and trains others to ensure an operational understanding of the laws, regulations, policies, and procedures that govern their area of responsibility relative to domestic and international logistics.
• Develops, writes, and publishes processes and procedures in the logistics and freight management area to ensure consistent practices relevant to today's business and industry throughout supply chain and organization; ensures materials and documents are up-to-date and easy to access.
• Ensures supply chain and logistics teams are equipped with the tools and information to perform their jobs consistent with departmental standards of operation.
• Tracks, recommends & leads market analysis, supplier partnerships and network planning. Negotiates pricing and terms with logistics providers while leading cost improvement in support of achievement of spending reduction goals for Freight. Responsible for supplier selection and performance management for service, quality and cost for all transportation (and customs brokerage
• Creates continuous improvement of freight management processes.
• Applies analytic methods, modelling or tools to understand, predict or control logistics decisions to maximize service, ensure quality and minimize cost.
• Utilizes S&OP decisions, Supply chain forecast/plans, Business services and CRG requests to inform Logistics needs on a tactical, quarterly and annual basis.
• Conducts research and attends webinars, seminars, and courses in their area of expertise and uses gained knowledge to continually improve their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Provides historical trends and modelling of logistics requirements.
• Creates & delivers a monthly performance metrics dashboard.
• Supports S&OP facilitation
• Project leadership, implementation or special projects as assigned
• Provides ad hoc analysis to support Supply Chain, Business Services and Finance/Accounting
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain or a related field. Seven or more years direct or related experience in a supply chain and International/Domestic Logistics. Experience working in a CI/Lean environment and wine industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have exceptional communication skills. Demonstrated leadership skills, business savvy and proven problem-solving ability
• Ability to influence cross-functional change and create / build relationships
• Must possess extensive knowledge of supply chain Logistics operations and a proven record of process improvement inclusive of modeling techniques in a growth organization. Wine industry experience is a plus.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft, ERP (SAP ECC) and legacy data base for analyzing large data file.
• Ability to balance multiple projects & processes simultaneously while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
• Self-motivated with high energy for business process improvement and strong cross-functional collaboration.
• Experience dealing cross-functionally with multiple functions across the organization and supply chain
• Experience balancing logistics requirements without compromising quality
• Understand transportation methods, freight options and network opportunities.
• Has high level of integrity and interpersonal communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Recognition of value and accuracy needs of reports generated for key business decision to be made
• Demonstrated strength of character and ability to excel in a challenging and changing environment during periods of rapid growth.
• Ability to travel between the Napa and Manteca office as required.
Drives automotive equipment.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to ad