Schramsberg, America's First House of Sparkling Wine is seeking a Production Mechanic to join our team.
Full-Time, Non-exempt with Benefits.
The Production Mechanic is part of a team responsible for minimizing the production downtime due to mechanical reasons by performing preventive maintenance and repairs to a wide variety of equipment, facilities, fixtures, machines and systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain a wide variety of equipment to maintain the efficiency and performance of our production department.
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections to basic industrial electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- Perform required preventive maintenance actions to ensure the equipment is operating correctly such as lubrication, cleaning and filter change.
- Determine and locate defective or worn parts on faulty equipment to minimize downtime.
- Maintains records of work performed on each mechanical device.
- Perform emergency repairs on winery or bottling equipment.
- May perform non-certified welding and simple machining operations as needed for repair and maintenance tasks
- Run services to new or relocated equipment such as air, water or electricity.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand, portable, and machine tools to perform assignments.
- Follow all safety procedures to include lockout/tagout while performing maintenance and repairs.
- Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Works successfully as part of a team and maintains strong working relationships with co-workers
- Assist with special projects and other assigned tasks or duties as requested.
- Ability to work longer hours based on company needs.
- Ability to analyze and prioritize tasks.
- Maintains inventory, materials and spare parts on hand.
- Education: High School diploma or GED, additional technical trainings a plus.
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in a similar role maintaining a wide variety of winery or bottling line equipment or related experience in industrial or manufacturing trades.
- Ability to follow directions verbally and/or written.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates and customers of the organization.
If you are multi-skilled, team player that has prior Production Mechanic experience that wants to learn new skills while supporting the growth of the company, please send us your resume. No phone calls please.