Performs entry level cellar duties and bottling duties under close supervision of the Wine Production Supervisor. Performs routine and repetitive tasks with specific instructions and set procedures.
Job Duties & Requirements:
Good written and verbal communication skills, basic math abilities, flexibility, good judgment, commitment to the job, quality oriented, positive attitude, self-starter.
• Understands and reads work order instructions in English
• Performs basic barrel work such as filling, disgorging, topping, additions, use of scanners, stirring and all required, complies with respiratory requirement for application of SO2. Shipping and Receiving barrels.
• Performs basic tank work such as blending, racking, moving wine which includes loading of bulk wine tankers, and tank sanitation
• Performs bottling line tasks in various workstations which includes basic cleaning of bottling line equipment and working stations
• Performs barrel and tank work during harvest period which also requires the direct guidance to seasonal workforce
• Operates lees filter operation and sanitation
• Performs housekeeping and sanitation tasks to meet internal quality standards which encompasses winery, bottling and harvest operations
• Responsible for the proper set up, use and care of all cellar equipment.
• Safe operation of scissor lift
• Adheres to all established safety guidelines
• Adheres to all established quality guidelines
• Participates in one or more employee engagement groups
• Participates and supports CI initiatives
• Additional duties as assigned
Contributing to Team Success
Demonstrates BF Behaviors – Curious, Collaborative, Courageous, Champion, Creative
Demonstrates BF values – Integrity, Respect, Trust, Teamwork and Excellence
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Education – High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Communication (conveys clear and concise information)
Prior Experience – Direct winery/cellar experience required. Must have at least one year of direct winery/cellar experience.
Certifications – Forklift certification a plus.
Physical Requirements – Must be able to lift, pull and carry up to 40 lbs on a repetitive basis. Ability to work long periods while standing up and ability to walk extended distances including repetitive movement on stairs.
Communication Skills – Must be able to communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisors. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Attendance/Schedule – Must have flexibility with scheduling, willing to work various schedules. Will require occasional overtime and weekend work during harvest and as needed. May also require on-call status for emergencies.