The Wine Grape Broker, under direction from the Vice President, will be in charge of managing Turrentine Brokerage's relationships with clients in the North Coast regions of California. The Wine Grape Broker will need to keep accurate track of our clients’ current program needs, available grapes, and anticipate how current and future supplies could affect perceptions and market positions, thus providing customers with extraordinarily high levels of service, insight and advice. The Broker will contribute to a company that has built strong long-term relationships to deliver unsurpassed customer service since 1973.
Expectations in the First Year:
• Demonstrate the sustained drive to earn the business and trust of clients.
• Maintain growth of business with current clients.
• Develop new clients.
• Demonstrate success in negotiating all components of yearly, multi-year and other challenging agreements.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of wine market cycles and the foundations of supply and demand in the wine business.
• Demonstrate productive collaborations with team members to present market insight in public forums and private client meetings.
• Learn and master use of internal systems and proprietary software.
• Travel to meet with clients, attend industry events and company functions.
• Agricultural Bachelor’s or a higher degree.
• 5-10 years of experience in wine grape growing or production and relationships with key wine business personnel.
• Knowledge of California appellations and specific varieties produced with emphasis in the North Coast.
• Exceptional communication, customer service and organizational skills.
• Clear DMV report.
Turrentine Brokerage offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package:
• Competitive base salary
• Broker Distribution Compensation
• 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums paid by company for full time employees
• 401(k) plan with an employer contribution and profit sharing
• 100% Life and Disability Insurance paid by company for full time employees
Candidates must submit a one-page cover letter, resume and three references including name, relationship and phone number via email. All resumes are held in strict confidence.