Robert Craig is a small family owned & operated winery dedicated to making world class mountain Cabernets. Our principles are to produce small-lot, site-expressive wines from high elevation vineyards. We take our craft and the care of our Guests very seriously, but in a relaxed, approachable style.
Rare as it is, we are looking for a new team member! Join us at the summit of Howell mountain and help us make great things happen for our Guests and ourselves.
What we desire in a candidate… a Midwest work ethic, a commitment to excellence in everything you do, the ability to put your co-workers first, a true passion for fine wines, a familiarity with Social media, the desire to continually educate yourself in our industry and the ability to leave your ego at the door. We are a small team and we are fully committed to each other. We work hard but have fun while doing so. You must be over 21 years of age, have a valid drivers license and be able to lift 40+ lbs.
What you can expect from us... a full-time position, a full suite of great benefits, a company culture of respect & teamwork, co-workers that share your enthusiasm for the world of wine & high touch Guest service and company values that you can be proud of!
If you think you might be the right fit to join the Craig Crew, please send your resume and cover letter to Jami@robertcraigwine.com.
Position Summary: Under general supervision and own initiative this detail focused, multi-tasking individual will oversee the day-to-day operations of our Wine Club and all duties related to customer correspondence and care. He or She will execute Wine Club Allocations, respond to Guest & member inquiries and mange inventory for our bi-annual shipments. He or She will host Guests at both our Downtown Tasting Salon location and our Howell Mountain Estate. This position requires a special skillset that you do not often see together; someone with a commitment to excellence in high-touch Guest service, that is rooted in warmth and an impeccable attention to detail and. Both are paramount to our success.
Wine Club Execution, Order Processing & Guest Service:
• Organize and execute bi-annual Wine Club releases utilizing Ewinery, Ship Compliant & Copper Peak software modules.
• Manage all aspects of a club run including inventory management, customer correspondence, Ewinery set-up, execution, weather holds, returns and reships.
• Processes wine and merchandise orders daily from visitor experiences and by phone.
• Enter Guest orders & club enrollment cards into Ewinery with precision and accuracy.
• Be responsive and gracious in solving customer issues and/or complaints.
• Directly respond to shipping/fulfillment questions from customers, club members and fulfillment agencies which may include tracking, delivery, damaged goods, claims and returns.
• Take responsibility for ensuring a high-touch Guest experience that supports the RCW Mission.
• To execute all daily hospitality duties, opening/closing side work. To be responsible for wine, stemware and tabletop set-up and clean up, and for conducting informative and engaging tours and tastings on a regular basis
• To consistently support our Guest Service Mission by modeling the mantra “We provide a heartfelt personalized visit to each of our Guests where all of our actions are guided by warmth and sincere hospitality”.
• To be responsive, gracious & creative in solving customer problems or complaints and to take it one step further by trying to anticipate Guests needs.
• To ensure consistent messaging for yourself and teammates by modeling the language and culture we have tried to create.
• To work closely with management proposing new ideas in an ongoing effort to continuously refine & improve the visitor experience.
• Maintain a friendly, warm, professional, & clean tasting room environment, and be responsible for coordinating upkeep and repairs with management.
• To support senior management by meeting high standards of professionalism regarding dress and level of service for the Hospitality department
• Responsible for organizing and maintaining a calendar of scheduled Estate tours and for communicating pertinent information to guests.
• Work closely with the Tasting Room Manager & Director of D to C to keep the Vineyard House fully stocked with current release, library wines & supplies.
• Manage the Estate’s wine inventory.
• Do your part to continuously foster an environment of teamwork in both the Hospitality Department and in all inter-departmental communications.
• A familiarity with Social media and how it can build and increase our access to our Guests.
• Possess a knowledge of the wines of the Napa Valley, and wines of the world and how RCW fits in stylistically to each.
• To continue to nurture relationships with local concierges, inns, B & B’s, drivers & neighboring wineries.
• To assist with the organization, planning & execution of all Guest events.
Education and Experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail. Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and to work with a sense of urgency when necessary.
• A demonstrated ability to speak to groups and convey complex information without striking a pedantic, elitist, or condescending tone to a diverse audience.
• Ability and desire to consistently model proper customer interaction.
• Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
• A lively interest in and continuously growing knowledge of the world of wine.
• Willingness to continuously support senior managements’ departmental decisions.