Vintures is a growing wine distributor & importer in Texas focused on mostly family owned wineries with sustainable viticulture and wine making practices from around the world. We have a growing portfolio from California, Oregon, France, Italy, Spain and New Zealand with more than 70 producers and 200 wines in our book. More countries and wine regions are in the process of being added. A large part of our book consist of organic & biodynamic wines. We supply restaurants, wine bars and wine-shops in all the major Texas cities like Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Midland. In retail we are represented in all Central Markets and numerous HEB's across Texas.
We are seeking a highly motivated wine professional in Dallas to join our dynamic growing company full time covering the entire DFW area for on-premise and off-premise sales. The ideal sales team members should be able to achieve growth within an assigned territory by effectively selling our products while making sure our customers receive excellent service.
Our current business in DFW includes almost 20 retail outlets including all 5 Central Markets and more than 20 top restaurants. We have weekly deliveries to Dallas with our dedicated van.
- Maintain and grow our retail presence with Central Market and other retailers. Grow strong relationships and add to the number of products authorized.
- Achieve sales growth by making new account placements and expanding our portfolio within existing accounts
- Analyze the assigned territory and create daily and weekly call patterns and target accounts.
- Work with our customers on promotions, staff training, wine dinners and other events
- The chosen sales person would take over most existing accounts and be expected to grow further.
Required skills and attributes:
- Wine knowledge and previous experience within the wine industry, preferably with an off or on-premise sales route in the DFW area.
- A passion for wine and customer service.
- Goal oriented, focused, motivated and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Must own and be able to maintain a vehicle in good working condition. Vehicle must have all tags, and personal liability insurance. Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills in order to effectively communicate with direct customers on the telephone and internally. Ability to cold call with confidence.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 45lbs.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office Suite (e.g., Outlook for email, Excel to track metrics, Word and PowerPoint to create documents, and presentations)
- Compensation will consist of a draw, commission and gas/phone allowance. To be determined based on experience and documented results.