About us: Vintage Wine Distributor has been an importer and wholesale distributor of wines, beers, ciders and other beverages since 1972. We service restaurants, beverage stores, grocery stores, chain stores, club stores, and many others throughout Ohio from three warehouses: Solon, Columbus, and West Chester. Every position within the company carries pride in performing tasks related to Customer Sales and Service.
Type of Work: Full Time
Location: Solon, Ohio
FSLA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Purchasing
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Buyer is involved with acquiring wine, beer, ciders, and other products as well as maintaining the proper inventory levels to achieve and exceed sales targets and other corporate financial goals. Along with reporting to the Director of Purchasing, the Buyer collaborates with the Buying Team, Marketing, Sales, Warehouse Managers, Logistics, Suppliers, and Executive Management to achieve the necessary information to define the purchase.
Inventory is one of the most significant components of our business. The Buyer needs to exercise independent judgment and practical calculations coupled with unity from various reports and communications from others to insure appropriate inventory levels. Additionally, the Buyer will interact with other aspects of procurement including varying lead-times, supply warehouses (both domestic and international), suppliers and supply chain partners.
Upon gathering the necessary information, the Buyer creates purchase orders and manages them to completion. Product must be acquired on a timely basis, at appropriate costs and reconciled for any discrepancies.
Required Qualifications and Guidelines:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field. Beverage industry experience a plus
• Communication skills: Professional written and verbal communications skills to communicate concise and accurate details
• Strong attention to detail and the capacity to handle demanding timelines
• Excellent work ethic, and exceptional organization skills
• Ability to simultaneously handle several projects and impromptu requests
• Accurate and proficient computer skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
• Prompt, courteous and efficient behavior
• Friendly and professional interaction toward all
• Ability to work extended hours when needed
• Aptitude to learn new skills and acquire wine knowledge