Job Description: Bottling/Canning Line Mechanic
Competitive Wage and Benefits package
Job Type: Full-time
Winery is seeking an experienced Bottling Line Mechanic to operate, maintain and repair its bottling and canning lines. Applicants should have the ability to think quickly, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well with bottling line staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works together with Director of Winemaking and Bottling Logistics Manager to ensure the bottling and canning equipment are running efficiently.
• Programs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains equipment in a timely, cost effective manner consistent with established operations procedures and requirements.
• Must be able to troubleshoot electromechanical issues when they occur on the lines including, but not limited to, installation, diagnosis, calibration, maintenance and repair of equipment and electronic devices.
• Integrates with existing team to ensure continued efficient operations and ongoing safety and operational excellence training.
• Manages operation and maintenance of all pieces of equipment on the lines to meet or exceed established production goals in a cost-effective manner.
• Performs line changes, sanitation, quality control and productive maintenance on all bottling/canning equipment.
• Manages purchasing of parts and tools, and schedules regular equipment maintenance and repairs with vendors and staff, including overseeing outside vendors on site for significant repairs.
• Keeps senior management informed of the status of multiple projects and deadlines, and regularly communicates resource needs and requirements.
• Interfaces with cellar, lab, and facility colleagues to ensure projects are managed in a timely manner, supplies are readily available, resources are allocated efficiently, and deadlines are met.
• Willing to take on assignments that are complex and require knowledge of various methods, tools, codes, procedures, and equipment/material characteristics.
• Research new equipment, outreaches to vendors and reports on and recommends potential investments for the winery.
• Works with facility team on keeping the winery clean.
• Promotes teamwork and supports a healthy, professional environment for all winery personnel.
• 3+ years bottling/packaging equipment line operating experience.
• Mechanical skills to maintain and repair bottling line equipment required, familiarity with repair and maintenance of winery equipment a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, coordinate and document workflow, juggle and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, pallet jacks, hand trucks, etc.
• Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs., and to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, climbing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
To keep all our employees safe, we perform daily temperature checks and require masks in the cellar.