Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world's leading wine companies. We know that it's the thinkers, makers, and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognized as the world's most admired premium wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality, and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, Stags' Leap, Beaulieu Vineyards, and Beringer, to the broad appeal of Sterling Vineyards and newer brands like 19 Crimes, we are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the Role
TWE seeks a passionate and engaging Luxury Sales Manager to join our new Luxury Sales Division, the Vault Collective. This role is dedicated to TWE's luxury portfolio and is primarily focused on securing new channels of distribution, education, and best in class experiences within the designated market.
In this role, you will incorporate local and national luxury initiatives and be responsible for growing the luxury business (via distribution, BTG placements, independent retail placements etc) with a key focus on Penfolds. You also have a leadership responsibility for managing the market's Luxury Specialist by providing priority guidance and tracking of key sales and experience activities.
Luxury Growth Management:
* Prepare strategic plan to deliver Luxury targeted new distribution, education and activation activities for TWE in assigned state(s)
* Owns and drives the sale of TWE Luxury Portfolio within designated state(s) to on premise and independent retail accounts
+ Drive new luxury placements and increase luxury market share in assigned state(s) through securing new Points of Distribution within key independent retail and On-Premise accounts.
+ Expand by-the-glass placements and OP velocity within influential accounts
+ Identify prestige/key accounts & develop account performance & activation plans
+ Manage execution of luxury allocations in relationship with key accounts
* Build strong account relationships, manage education initiatives, event activations, and wine-maker visits in assigned state(s).
+ Engage with account managers, owners and other key stakeholders to develop awareness and drive sales of TWE's luxury wine portfolio.
* Participate in and conduct tastings and trainings for account personnel (wine tasting and wait staff training).
* Makes regular sales calls to targeted universe of luxury accounts for all relevant Fine Wine and Fine Dining accounts in the assigned state(s) to provide the primary relationship between the account and TWE.
* Owns relationship & visibility w/ key players/accounts (trade) - top accounts in the state(s)
* Communicates and works closely with Distributor Management team to drive the sales of the TWE Luxury Portfolio in fine wine retail and on-premise accounts within assigned state(s).
Execution, Activation and Events:
* Drives the creative education and event activation efforts for the Luxury portfolio in designated state(s).
+ Educate and engage consumers, trade, and distributors in order to increase brand awareness and create brand advocacy/affinity for the Collection with a primary focus on Penfolds.
* Ensure successful execution of all Luxury Trade Marketing platforms, Luxury Pre-Sell, Luxury Manager Forum, and PR and Trade Marketing Events
* Promotes TWE Luxury brands in cooperation with other departments, driving brand activation and hosting memorable events for high-end venues and guests.
* Drive/Manage compliance for ONSA or Regional retail accounts, along w/ activation of optional placements.
* Collaborate w/ Trade Marketing to create and deliver luxury/on premise selling materials & share best practices
* Manage all aspects of new and creative Luxury Sampling Events Program
* In market event ownership, in coordination with the Events team and DTC
You are a dynamic, passionate, and visionary Sales manager with previous sales experience within the wine industry. Ideally, you'll have proven experience working with iconic, luxury brands and are interested in investing in the continued development of luxury brands while building meaningful relationships with top accounts within the on premise and off premise channels.
* 5+ years of Sales experience and a proven track record in on premise sales and retail selling, presentation skills and educational expertise.
* Bachelor's degree required or equivalency in training and experience.
* Wine knowledge -certifications preferred.
* Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Ability to use programs for presentation preparation, budgets and basic analysis.
* On-Premise / Fine Wine Channel and Retail experience preferred.
* Understanding of luxury marketing.
* Engaging public speaker and storyteller.
What's in it for you
* The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
* Access to the world's most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
* True flexibility in determining how, when, and where you work to achieve your potential
* Global opportunities across the US, Australia & New Zealand, Asia, UK/Europe
* Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we're really good at doing this!)
* Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing, and career
* "TWEforME Day" -an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you!
* Competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, and Vision, Paid Time Off (vacation, sick time, and holidays), 401K with company match, and much more!
We bring our whole selves, we're courageous and we deliver together -that's our DNA. We're a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun, and keep things down-to-earth. We're brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We're definitely "glass half full" people