Bogle Vineyards and Winery is located in Clarksburg, California, and is run by the sixth generation of Bogles to live and work in the Sacramento Delta region. Bogle was honored as Wine Enthusiast’s 2019 American Winery of the Year and was presented with the Green Medal Leader Award in 2018 for its sustainability efforts in the winery and vineyards.
We are searching for an experienced, hands-on Graphic Design Manager to join our Graphic Design Team.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager, Graphic Design will lead the development and management of our look and feel based on strategic direction in order to effectively communicate the company’s vision, mission and values, as well as out products’ unique benefits. The ideal candidate will have a strong visual and aesthetic sense with the ability to give as well as receive design direction to create best-in-class product design.
In this hands-on role you will:
• Collaborate with the marketing team to take written and verbal briefs to create superior concepts, layouts, brand identities, and designs.
• Lead design of key physical and digital marketing materials including advertisements, banners, brochures, catalogs, sell sheets, packaging, displays, labels, social media visuals, videos, presentations, and more.
• Manage small internal team of graphic designers (1-2 people) to achieve the best outcome on projects, providing professional mentoring, exploring diverse creative ideas, and building consensus among key stakeholders.
• Work with outside graphic design resources, as needed, to ensure maximum creative exploration and industry-leading creativity.
• Develop and execute projects from concept to implementation, understanding when to simply execute a client’s vision and when to explore myriad creative solutions.
• Develop and implement Brand standards and guidelines and articulate them effectively with internal and external business partners.
• Remain thoroughly aware of current design trends within the adult beverage space and across diverse categories of consumer products.
• Elevate the capabilities and performance of our graphic design team, providing effective creative leadership, coaching, and mentoring.
• Required B.F.A., B.A. or B.S. in Graphic Design or related field of study.
• Agency or client-side design experience required, adult beverage experience a plus.
• Packaging compliance familiarity or experience is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years supervising a graphic design or creative team required.
• Minimum of 5 years managing creative resources, design projects, and packaging for a consumer products company or agency.
• Strong design portfolio with examples of breakthrough creativity, effective messaging, and attention to detail.
• Experience with advertising, corporate identity, packaging, web, social media, and interactive design as well as a solid understanding of the creative process.
• Comprehensive knowledge of guidelines and standards development, the printing process, file setup and sharing, and the ability to communicate effectively with printers/vendors is critical.
• Understanding of legal requirements, trademarks, and usage rights.
• Comprehensive knowledge of professional graphics software including Adobe Creative Cloud
• Comprehensive knowledge of Mac computer systems
• Comprehensive knowledge of multimedia, web, social media, and video applications
• Proven leadership, innovative thinking, and collaboration
• Extremely high attention to detail
• Experience successfully coaching, and enabling high-performing teams, while holding employees and yourself accountable to high levels of execution
• Experience working with high-quality, respected brands and consumer products
• Ability to multi-task while constantly seeking new opportunities to improve the quality, skills, and output of the graphic design team
• Demonstrated strategic, creative, and critical thinking skills. Can facilitate strategic and creative brainstorming and help translate ideas to actionable projects and output
• Ability to work directly with content providers and vendors
• Ability to work independently, as well as cooperatively with others
• Take directions and constructive criticism well and ability to incorporate feedback into design direction
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Superior project management capabilities and multitasking
• Creative curiosity and desire to explore unconventional solutions
• Superior customer service mentality
• This is a full time, in-office position located in West Sacramento.
• Must be able to sit and use typical office equipment most of the day
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop frequently during the day
• Ability to bend and lift at least 55 lbs. such as wine cases and other materials occasionally.
• Minimal travel but must be able to travel away from home occasionally.
• A valid driver’s license is required with the ability to be insured by the company’s insurance provider.