POSITION: Cellar Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Winemaker
LOCATION: Hopland, CA
Brutocao Family Vineyards has an immediate need for an experienced Cellar Supervisor. The Cellar Supervisor will oversee all cellar, bottling and crush operations, while supervising and training the cellar staff. This is a hands-on position working side by side with the cellar crew.
Qualified candidates must possess strong cellar, supervisory and teaching skills, a great attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
This position will perform a wide variety of tasks as follows:
• Supervises all cellar functions including sanitation, barrel preparation, barrel maintenance, fruit processing, equipment maintenance, forklift operations, and filtrations.
• Directs the work of the cellar crew in all activities of winemaking by assigning staff to specific daily tasks.
• Works closely with the winemakers to ensure proper wine quality.
• Ensures staff follow safety guidelines
• Provides instruction, training, development, and assistance to cellar workers.
• Supervises warehouse operations, including shipping and receiving for production.
• Manages inventory of cellar supplies and orders supplies as needed.
• Operates filter, bottling equipment, cellar and crush equipment and forklift.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• Supervises cellar crew and provides regular feedback to staff on their performance.
• Minimum of three to six years related experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions.
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary, including walking, kneeling, bending, standing and climbing stairs, and lifting up to 60 pounds.
• Knowledge of wines and wine production.
• Spanish language skills a plus.
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.