Position Summary: This position will work as an integral member of the Boisset Order Team by fulfilling daily responsibilities for the domestic sales order desk, including order processing through AMS, record keeping, timely communication, and monitoring of the inbox, such as critical export orders. This position will cross train to support various order team functions and work collaboratively within the team to ensure orders are completed with accuracy. This position will require the ability to think dynamically in a quickly changing environment, while managing competing priorities with utmost attention to detail and a positive attitude.
Essential Job Duties:
• Perform order entries daily for all orders received from wholesale distributors nationwide. Transfer orders to shipping warehouse and perform all follow-up inquiries regarding shipments.
• Perform data entry to create and distribute invoices for case good shipments.
• Provide customer service via phone, and/or e-mail to wholesale distributors, warehouse personnel, and others as needed regarding inventory, order tracking, price changes, release dates, and other information as requested.
• Process and track sample requests, working closely with sales, marketing, and warehouse staff to ensure on-time fulfillment of all such requests.
• Maintain current price schedules for all products, updating as often as necessary to guarantee optimum profit margins on products shipped and sold.
• Work closely with Sales, Accounting, and Management teams to resolve problems, increase efficiency, and maintain quality image through all levels of the distribution channel.
• Participate in department cross training with Boisset Order Team and assist with company projects as needed.
• COVID: Ensure team members comply with all COVID Safety Protocol put in place by Boisset Collection, including as policies change and update.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations. Excellent communications skills and a positive attitude are a plus.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet. Ability calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, percentages, areas, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision. A self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Possess strong computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet and basic database activity.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school; or 2-4 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Prior AMS experience preferred.
• Prior order processing experience, both domestic and export desired.
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. May require lifting and moving objects up to 20 lbs in weight. Clear vision, close and distant, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone and office level conversation.
• Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Minimal noise level typical of business office: computers, printers, telephones, light traffic. May or may not include periods in autos, airplanes, and/or lodging facilities.
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Regular business schedule: Monday through Friday. Overtime as needed and per approval.
• Position does not require overnight travel.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2019