Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world's leading wine companies. We know that it's the thinkers, makers, and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognized as the world's most admired premium wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality, and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, Stags' Leap, Beaulieu Vineyards, and Beringer, to the broad appeal of Sterling Vineyards and newer brands like 19 Crimes, we are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the Role
TWE seeks a passionate and engaging Regional Director, Luxury Sales to join our new Luxury Sales Division, the Vault Collective. This role is a sales leadership role dedicated to driving Vault Collective strategy with a focus on Penfolds, while also seeking out highly visible new sales channels and transforming these into scalable luxury initiatives.
As the Regional Director, Luxury Sales, you will manage regional budgets to ensure ROI model is successful, own the POD, velocity, and experience goals, as well as Penfolds and priority growth luxury volume for your designated market. This highly visible luxury role also acts as a liaison between Marketing, DTC, and Commercial Management teams.
* Implement TWE DNA into every aspect of team success
* Prepare and deliver strategic plan to execute Luxury targeted new distribution, education and activation activities for TWE in assigned state(s) while driving velocity
* Maintain laser focus while creating best in class connections between our luxury wines and our luxury consumers
* Uncover new and successful highly targeted sales channels
* Create communication and WOW with commercial management counterparts to ensure we win together
* Continually stretch the capabilities of Vault Collective team on a continuous path to growth
* Support developmental conversations and highly detailed account and partner project implementation
* Own and drive the sale of TWE Luxury Portfolio within designated state(s) to on premise and independent retail accounts
+ Drive new luxury placements and increase luxury market share in assigned state(s) through securing new Points of Distribution within key independent and On-Premise accounts.
+ Implement effective luxury retail display programs
+ Expand by-the-glass placements and OP velocity within influential accounts
+ Identify prestige/key accounts & develop account performance & activation plans
+ Manage execution of luxury allocations in relationship with key accounts
* Build top account relationships, manage education initiatives, event activations, and wine-maker visits in assigned state(s).
+ Engage with top luxury account managers, owners and other key stakeholders to develop awareness and drive sales of TWE's luxury wine portfolio.
* Participate in and conduct tastings and trainings for account personnel (wine tasting and wait staff training).
* Grow relationships within top highly influential on premise and retail regional accounts
* Owns relationship & visibility w/ key players/accounts (trade) - top accounts in the state(s)
* Communicates and works closely with Commercial Management, distributor sales partners and marketing / DTC to drive the sales of the TWE Luxury Portfolio
* Align with sales ops to ensure luxury allocations are communicated effectively throughout organization
Execution, Activation and Events:
* Drives the education and event activation efforts for the Luxury portfolio in designated state(s).
* Educate and engage consumers, trade, and distributors in order to increase brand awareness and create brand advocacy/affinity for the Collection.
* Ensure successful execution of all Luxury Trade Marketing platforms: Luxapalooza, Luxury Pre-Sell, Luxury Manager Forum, and PR and Trade Marketing Events
* Promotes TWE Luxury brands in cooperation with other departments, driving brand activation and hosting memorable events for high-end venues and guests.
* Drive/Manage compliance for ONSA or Regional retail accounts, along w/ activation of optional placements.
* Collaborate w/ Trade Marketing to create and deliver luxury/on premise selling materials & share best practices
* Manage all aspects of Luxury Sampling Events Program
* In market event ownership, in coordination with the Events team and DTC
You are a dynamic, passionate, and visionary luxury sales leader with extensive experience in the wine industry, a proven track record in on-premise and retail sales, and a gift for all things "team"
* 10+ years of Sales experience and previous experience in a Sales leadership role.
* Bachelor's degree required or equivalency in training and experience.
* Wine knowledge -certifications preferred.
* Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Ability to use programs for presentation preparation, budgets and basic analysis.
* On-Premise / Fine Wine Channel and Retail experience preferred.
* Understanding of luxury marketing and e-comm.
* Engaging public speaker and storyteller.
* Comfortable presenting and leading in a virtual environment both internally and with customers
What's in it for you
* The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
* Empowerment to truly lead a creative, successful, luxury wine business
* Learn and grow from peers cross functionally who possess unmatched talent
* Access to the world's most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
* True flexibility in determining how, when, and where you work to achieve your potential
* Global opportunities across the US, Australia & New Zealand, Asia, UK/Europe
* Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we're really good at doing this!)
* Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing, and career
* "TWEforME Day" -an additional day of leave each year, for you to do