Are you looking to be part of an industry and company that values employees, specializes in making a fun and high-quality product and appreciates work/life balance? If so, Cakebread Cellars has an open position for you. Our story begins in 1973 with a piece of land, a family passionate about wine and a community of friends and partners who helped bring Cakebread Cellars to life. Cakebread Cellars' wines don't just reflect the personalities of the vineyards, they also reflect the spirit of all of our employees who make our wines and winery remarkable.
We want to continue to build on that spirit by adding an experienced Accounting Manager to our team. Under the direction of the Controller, manages timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting. Responsibilities include managing the general ledger, month-end and year-end close, financial reporting of all Cakebread family entities, compliance management, completing analysis, and providing guidance, development and support to direct reports.
• We are a family owned winery with an established reputation for producing world-class wines. Since 1973 to be exact.
• Our success is built on quality, consistency, and continuity - characteristics we apply equally to the people, grapes, and operations of the winery.
• Recently, our employees gave such outstanding survey feedback that we became a certified Great Place to Work!
• We are all about our company culture so much so, that it’s our #1 priority.
• We believe in the good life. With 80 employees, there are enough resources to go around so you can enjoy life and all the benefits we have to offer.
• We love giving back to the community. In fact, we set aside dollars for community resources like health care and housing and donate to several charities.
• We value sustainability in all aspects of our business. We respect the land and our management of it – treating the soil, water and climate with care and respect with regard to the next generation.
With us you will be able to:
• Work with extraordinarily passionate people. Top talent wants to work with top talent. Here you will have the chance.
• Be an integral part of a family owned company where everyone knows your name.
• Stay sharp and broaden your knowledge base, achieve new heights with a team dedicated to your professional growth.
• Enjoy the fruits of your labor!
What we will ask you to do:
• Ensure timely month-end close.
• Review and/or prepare journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Supervises and motivates staff, overseeing general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory costing, fixed asset accounting, trust bookkeeping, export order processing and alcohol sales compliance.
• Perform a thorough and accurate review of work completed to ensure transactions are recorded accurately in the general ledger.
• Assist in preparation of annual budget and periodic financial forecasting.
• Coordinate with external accountants to complete annual financial statement audit and tax return preparation.
• Partner with Controller, CFO, and business partners to ensure timely and accurate financial data is provided to support key business decisions.
• Drive process improvements.
• Bring an authentic genuine positive attitude and high energy 100% of the time.
• Be a dependable extended family member.
• Hone your passion for wine and wine production.
What you should bring to the table:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA preferred.
• 4+ years of progressive accounting experience
• 3+ years management experience
• Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization.
• Leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
• Wine industry experience or Big 4 experience is desirable.
What we will bring to the table:
• Competitive salary including profit sharing
• Employee focused culture
• Full health care benefits options including medical, dental, and vision with a wellness and safety focus
• 401K plan with company match
• Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
• Employee discounts
• Leadership development opportunities
Cakebread Cellars is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff. We will respect your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.