The Associate Brand Manager is responsible for assisting in delivering specified business targets (volume, profit, share) through the development and execution of all brand strategies and plans, leading to profitable growth of the Constellation Wine & Spirits Division portfolio. As a cross-functional team leader, the Associate Brand Manager works effectively across disciplines and develops and sustains strong and productive relationships with external partners to execute brand strategies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist in the development and implementation of short and long-term marketing objectives and strategies. Lead the development and execution of brand plans and tactics to deliver against agreed upon brand, business and financial goals.
* Assist Brand Manager and Consumer Insights team in the development of brand strategy, consumer segmentation, targeting and positioning of brand and consumer targets. Ensures appropriate qualitative and quantitative research is conducted to ensure overall brand success.
* Participate in the creative development process and execution of all national and local advertising campaigns. Assists in the development of TV, radio, print, outdoor, trade and alternative media advertising.
* Lead day-to-day brand budget management including PO and invoice processing for assigned projects and ensures financial responsibility within budgetary parameters. Responsible for maintaining budgets and forecasts monthly. Collaborates with Finance to ensure forecast accuracy and balance expenditures against volume and profitability expectations.
* Lead brand business analysis with the Business Analysis Team. Continuously monitor business and health performance to ensure brand is tracking against goals. Responsible for using and understanding internal and external data resources to identify issues and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance.
* Work with the Business Analysis and Finance team to measure and analyze sales impact, wholesaler execution and the profitability/ROI of marketing expenditures.
* Assist Brand Manager and Media Planning team in the development of all media plans and initiatives, both on national and regional/local levels.
* Assist Brand Manager in working with the Retail/Trade Marketing team to develop brand promotions, providing direction and evaluating options. Help to direct the development of all national and local consumer promotion programming at retail.
* Assist in the development of both Permanent and Non-permanent Point-Of-Sale Programs as well as any premium and/or ancillary brand identified programs and materials.
* Assist the Brand Manager and the Lifestyle & Experiential Marketing team in the identification and development of assigned event marketing programming, which include sponsored events, charitable donations, trade related functions, etc.
* Work with the Field Marketing team to ensure strategies and tactical plans are executed for all relevant local markets.
* Maintain constant and concise communication of assigned marketing-related programming with internal and external partners, including Field Sales, Management, and Corporate Communications.
* Participate in market visits and assist in Business Unit planning and review meetings.
* Utilize competitive, category, consumer, shopper, and retailer insights to further validate and optimize concepts that will drive growth volume and meet objectives.
* Support day-to-day budget management, PO, and invoice processes. Ensure dollars are allocated and spent in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary parameters. Assist with maintaining budgets throughout the year, balancing expenditures against volume and profitability expectations.
* Prepare material for executive updates, internal and external sales and retailer meetings, Stage Gate meetings, etc. as required.
* Participate in market visits as required.
Key Foundational Business & Leadership Skills
* Thought Leader - Demonstrating industry and content expertise with the ability to pioneer new ideas, efficiently and effectively solve problems, and influence others while being open to collaboration.
* Intense Drive - Leading with passion, enthusiasm, and a sense of urgency that influences others to follow suit, with self-motivation to achieve goals and challenge the status quo.
* Constantly Innovating - Developing and encouraging creative ideas that challenge common thinking and help CBI gain a competitive advantage while being open and agile to adapt, change, and try new things to promote growth, learning, and improvement.
* Personal Leadership - Exhibiting excellent interpersonal skills, charisma, and self-confidence to make an impact on teams, coaching and motivating others, tackling new problems, and advocating strongly for integrity and sensitivity.
* Results Oriented - Having a GM mindset that focuses on taking decisive action to get things done while finding optimal balance between quality and protecting the bottom-line.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Marketing, Business, Management, etc.)
* Progressive experience in the CPG industry with at least 3 to 5 years of brand management experience, or 1 to 2 years of brand management experience and an MBA. Exposure to the beverage industry a plus
* Professional maturity
* Exceptional organization and project management skills
* Strong writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
* Strong commercial and financial acumen, with experience working with P&L's
* Demonstrated skill in building and leading strong cross-functional teams; proven experience managing multi-agency partners
* Demonstrates a genuine desire and passion for the alcohol industry
* Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis
* Must be able to travel by plane or train for long distance
* Must be able to work in a professional corporate office environment