The Monterey Wine Company is a custom-processing facility dynamically designed to take full advantage of state-of-the-art equipment while maintaining respect for the art of winemaking. The company is known for its expertise in a wide assortment of winemaking equipment and technology, including micro-oxygenation, specialized tank controls, automated cap-management and ultra-filtration. During the 2009 crush, Monterey Wine Company became one of the first winery in North America to install a thermal flash system or “flash détente” unit. In wineries, these systems are recognized for their effectiveness in removing pyrazines and improving quality through better extraction of tannin and color.
Our facility is located in King City, on the Central Coast of California. We offer the latest in premium wine-making technologies, quality custom crush and processing equipment, experienced blend development, and efficient bottling capabilities to complement our client’s needs. We provide a sound working environment for the wine traditionalist, inventor and entrepreneur. Our emphasis on innovation, integrity and service is what sets us apart from the rest.
The Monterey Wine Company is seeking a Compliance and Tax Auditing Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, experience and/or abilities required.
Among the responsibilities are the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Manage day-to-day compliance, auditing, and billing operations
• Acquiring and maintaining various government licenses and permits as required.
• Assist with completing federal & state excise tax returns.
• Entering and auditing of all work orders in the WMDB.
• Assist with maintaining inventory records for various locations as required.
• Assist with acquiring of wine label certificates of approval and maintenance of records.
• Participate in assuring compliance with TTB, ABC, & FDA regulations.
• Participate in developing compliance and auditing procedures for winery operations
• Assist with state compliance (brand registration, licensing) if necessary.
• Participate in providing overall regulatory management for products and projects.
• Participate in managing the daily processing of wine sales including sales order entry, and
• Maintaining compliance files and monitor document control activities.
• Serving as technical and regulatory interface for Winemaking, Finance, Bottling, and other
• Manage Auditing Department, responsible for ensuring integrity of internal processes.
• Ensure all internal accounting processes are timely and accurately completed.
• Support end-of-year preparation.
• Assist with cost all accounting.
• Reconcile all inventory accounts.
• Participate in developing compliance procedures for spirits business
• Assist with state compliance (brand registration, licensing) if necessary
• Will be in charge of special projects as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years previous accounting and government compliance and tracking in the
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in relevant field or equivalent
• Working knowledge of Federal and state alcohol beverage regulations.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Able to interact effectively within Production department and associated departments, as
well as with outside vendors and government agencies.
• Accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to follow through essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent math skills.
• Advanced computer skills
• Microsoft Office
• Bulk wine tracking software, such as WMDB
• QuickBooks experience
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines, manage priorities and
• Able and willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekend
during the peak season
• Familiarity with principles of data collection, wine tracking data analysis, and evaluation.
Competitive salary and outstanding health and welfare benefits will be provided to the selected candidate per the company’s policies and procedures.