Established in 2002, Benchmark Wine Group is the leading source of fine and rare wine for wine retailers, restaurants and collectors around the world. Based in Napa Valley, we acquire the most sought-after wines from private individuals and professional contacts. Our staff draws on decades of industry experience and is dedicated to providing exceptional service to all of our clients.
Do you LOVE wine? Do you want to see thousands of bottles from all over the world, some 50+ years old? Join us!
**About you: Seeking a hands-on, detail oriented, organized individual with a strong interest in the world of rare and highly collectible wines. This position requires strong attention to detail and someone who takes pride in their work. Background knowledge of California and international wines is a plus.
******COVID-19 - Benchmark office operations are limited, but this position is in house and will remain in house. Interviews will be conducted via ZOOM.*******
**Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pull, pack, and ship wine
• Load and/or unload shipments
• Assist in physical inventory counts
• Occasionally assist with collection pick ups - may involve some travel domestically
• Maintain up to date knowledge of domestic and international shipping policies
• Research missing bottles when appropriate
• Assist and/or lead collection check ins
• Assist with commercial check ins and process purchase orders
• Maintain the general organization, upkeep and cleanliness of the warehouse
**Skills and Qualifications:
• General global wine knowledge or enthusiasm
• Excellent attention to detail
• Self-directed with high personal quality expectations, as well as a solid team player
• Exceptional problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills
• Experience using Microsoft Excel & Word, Fed Ex, UPS, & GSO shipping a plus
• Ability to lift and move 50lbs required.
**Why Benchmark Wine Group?
• 100% Company paid medical coverage (choice of HMO or PPO); 50% Company paid dental & vision
• 401k Retirement plan with partial Company match; 100% vested upon enrollment
• Paid holidays and paid time off
• South end of Napa Valley location; easy access to Hwy 12, 37, & 80
Employee may be asked to work occasional weekend shifts and/or travel on short notice all over the country. This position is regularly scheduled from 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER.