Ca’ Momi is the love child of three passionate Italian business partners & co-owners. Their mission is to share their Italian heritage & bring community, friends & family together around the table. Ca’ Momi calls what they do heartcrafted, because that’s how they work: with passion, integrity, & authenticity. They honor the values of an earlier time, from local & organic ingredient sourcing, VPN/APN-certified Neapolitan pizzas, house-made traditional foods, to zero-pretension wines, organic house-brewed beers, & all-natural craft spirits. They dream big & are working to build a heart-centered community where everyone has a sense of purpose, belonging, & possibility. Eat. Drink. Be. Authentic.
About the Role
Reporting to the Creative Manager, the Graphic Designer acts upon managerial direction, project management assignments & various work orders to support the development of a portfolio of brands for production within our private label & control brands division. Once assigned, these brands will be developed internally into viable products for resale into wholesale & consumer markets.
This is a full-time position with benefits. The pay for this position is dependent on experience. This role is an on-site position, located at our corporate offices in Napa.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Act as the private-label production artist, converting raw designs supplied by our outsourced graphics design team into a suite of mechanical files relating to wine labels, label comps, capsules, packages, cartons, promotional materials, website graphics & other elements;
• Obtain proper supervisor signature(s) on all proofs prior to submission for legal compliance & production;
• Attend press checks to review & verify accuracy of all package, carton & related materials design specifics; relating to legal compliance requirements, artistic renderings & quality control standards in order to deliver a finished product that meets or exceeds our company’s established guidelines;
• Aid in the development & design of product line extensions, art updates & package changes for existing brands;
• Create, develop & present (usually a minimum of 2-3 weekly) unique private label brand concepts from start to finish; including the creative development of all associated packaging & promotional materials components;
• Prepare private-label portfolio presentation materials for our sales division in both print & digital formats weekly;
• Support the Marketing Team with special projects, events & activations as called upon by supervisor(s);
• Other duties as assigned.
• A passion for wine & the industry, with high energy & an entrepreneurial drive to succeed;
• A proven team player able to establish good working relationships with strong & creative personalities;
• Obsessive attention to detail;
• Ability to multi-task & to take initiative;
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, creative & organizational skills demonstrated by the ability to make timely & sound decisions;
• Organized & able to balance day-to-day tasks with special projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced & collaborative environment;
• Apt ability to balance both creative & technical challenges & manage numerous projects, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts & revisions & technical challenges effectively;
• Extensive knowledge & experience in digital design & print layout;
• Knowledge of offset print production & web production process;
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications, including In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat;
• Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS preferred;
• Experience with Asana (project management software) a big plus.
• Every employee of the Company is expected to act as a team member. When any personnel needs assistance, all employees are expected to offer and provide such assistance according to their skills, abilities, and availability.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Senior Graphic Designer candidates must possess a BA or BS in Marketing or Design plus at least two years’ working experience in graphic design, OR at least five years’ work experience in a graphic design role (with at least 3 years in the wine industry);
• Graphic Designer candidates must have at least two years of design experience and or equivalent formal education in design; design experience in the wine industry is a huge plus.