Position: Tasting Room Associate
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time (with potential for Full-Time)
Job Location: Los Olivos, CA
The Tasting Room Associate is responsible for the day to day operation of the tasting room and provides the front line guest experience at Zaca Mesa Winery. This position is the champion of customer service in creating the perfect balance of education and good times.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Provide the first-line of communication to the customer by greeting, directing and answering questions regarding our wines, merchandise, history and facility. Communicate in a knowledgeable, professional, and gracious manner that is consistent with the mission of Zaca Mesa Winery.
• To learn basic wine/viticulture/enology related to Zaca Mesa Winery
• Serve samples of wine, along with sharing appropriate information concerning the wines to customers in both individual and group settings.
• Promote the wine club and process sign ups.
• ID guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Ensure tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat and stocked at all times.
• Perform facility housekeeping, to include tasting room, restrooms, patios, and break areas.
• Ensure that displays of wine products in tasting room are attractive and maintained.
• Reach and exceed sales goals
• Promote the sale of wine products sold in the tasting room, and pursue sales opportunities presented by contact with guests.
• Maintain physical inventory of merchandise items in the tasting room and all front of house supplies.
• Maintain, evaluate, and provide periodic reports on the guest comments.
• Perform opening and closing checklists.
• Attend scheduled training classes and seminars.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of one to three years related experience (previous customer service & retail experience preferred).
• High School diploma or AA degree, or a combination of education and experience.
• Computer skills with various software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and point-of-sale applications preferred.
• Must have strong verbal and written skills with the ability to speak in front of people.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
• Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills.
• Must be proactive and have strong organizational skills including exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
• Database management and high-level guest service skills preferred.
• Wine knowledge and appreciation are necessary for this position
• Willing to work, holidays (Closed major Holidays) and weekends as required and extended hours in order to complete the job.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to coordinate multiple projects or tasks. The employee is frequently required to stand, move, or walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events can have higher level of noise at times.