About the role:
Treasury Wine Estates is looking for an experienced Packaging Engineer. This role will lead, develop and execute all aspects of technical packaging specifications requirements from New Product Development to first production product launch. You will also own and develop technical expertise associated with all dry good categories to drive and leverage depth and technical competence within TWE.
* Lead and execute all technical aspects of label (dry goods) approval process to assure business marketing requirements and regulatory requirements are met on a timely accurate basis.
* Drive CI efforts to maintain, organize and communicate to internal groups technical reference information, database of technical information for each packaging dry good component per bottle mold.
* Ensure continuous performance improvement efforts with vendors to assure packaging specification compliance and procurement cost saving and supply optimization initiatives are met.
* Lead packaging technical resource for marketing driven innovation projects, driving vendor selection and execution of new packaging formats at copackers / internally at TWE.
* Oversee all aspects of packaging trials to support ongoing continuous improvement efforts at bottling operations.
* Lead, coach, and mentor direct reports to assure departmental objective are met.
* Technical Services key contact to support supply chain services and business teams.
* Maintain strong working relationships with internal customers, marketing, planning, and quality teams.
* Lead specialized complex projects high in collaboration with key stakeholders e.g. Procurement, Material Planning, and New Product Development.
* Support the technical packaging requirements of significant CapEx projects.
* Minimum 3 years' experience as packaging engineer.
* Bachelor's Degree packaging engineering.
* Trade or vocational courses or certification a plus.
* High level of interpersonal and people leadership skills.
* Knowledge of relevant standards and legislation.
* Beneficial to have project management experience.
* Computer literate (MS Windows applications and ERP system comfortable).
* High level competency of glass technologies, closure devices, labelling materials and technologies, Capsule and corrugate materials.
In addition to being an incredible place to work with remarkable brands, we have fantastic perks!
Just to name a few:
* 401k with match
* Stock Options
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Comprehensive Benefits Package
* Wellness/Gym membership reimbursements
* Free product allotment, in addition to discounts all year long for you, your friends and family
* Discounts on other services such as rental cars, car purchase, cell phone bills, hotels, electronics and more!
* Lucrative employee referral bonus opportunities
Apply now and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today!