We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
Responsible for delivering specified business targets (volume, profit, share) through the development and execution of all brand strategies and plans. Works under general supervision of a Brand Lead and assigned a substantial brand or multiple minor brands.
* Proposes, implements and monitors marketing plans/programs, short and long-term marketing objectives, strategies and tactics to deliver against agreed upon brand, business and financial goals.
* Works with the Consumer Insights manager to develop brand strategy, consumer segmentation, targeting and positioning of brand and in the development of the brand architecture. Ensures appropriate qualitative and quantitative research is conducted to ensure overall brand success.
* Supervises agencies in the creative development process and execution of all national, and local advertising campaigns, including television, radio, print, outdoor, trade and alternative media.
* Controls expenditures within brand budgets. Ensures that dollars are allocated and spent in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary parameters. Responsible for maintaining these budgets throughout the year, balancing expenditures against volume and profitability expectations.
* Continuously monitors business and brand health performance of brands using internal and external data resources to identify issues and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance.
* Works with the Business Analysis and Finance team to measure and analyze sales impact, wholesaler execution and the profitability/ROI of marketing expenditures.
* Works with the Media Planning team in developing and evaluating all media plans and initiatives, both on national and regional/local levels.
* Works with the Promotional / Retail Marketing team in directing the development of all national and local consumer promotion programming at retail - setting vision, providing direction and evaluating options. Directs the development of both Permanent and Non-permanent Point-Of-Sale Programs as well as any premium and/or ancillary brand identified programs and materials.
* Works with the Events and Sponsorship team in the identification and development of all event marketing programming, including all sponsored events, charitable donations, trade related functions, etc.
* Works with the Field Marketing team to ensure strategies and tactical plans are executed for all relevant local markets.
* Assists with establishing brand pricing strategies and works with Director of Pricing and Business Analysis in monitoring all pricing and price promotion levels and activities.
* Identifies incremental opportunities with packaging and new-product initiatives. Works with the Marketing Project Manager to ensure opportunities are addressed and new initiatives are executed.
* Works with Public Relations Manager in developing strategic public relations initiatives.
* Maintains constant and concise communication with both field sales and key wholesaler personnel in developing and evaluating the effectiveness of all marketing-related programming at the field level.
* Participates in market visits and actively involved in Business Unit planning and review meetings.
* Works with sales team to develop sales and wholesaler incentive programs to generate incremental sales and distribution and increase share of mind vs. competitive products.
* Communicates regularly with representatives of brewery supplier on all pertinent marketing, budgeting or packaging-related issues.
* Develops communications for upper management pertaining to marketing updates, budget recaps and program evaluations.
* Develops presentations for all internal and external meetings.
* 4+ years of traditional brand management experience ideally within the beverage or CPG industry
* Advertising experience with media
* Budget and project management experience
* Strong writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrates a passion for the beer business.
* Relevant Master's Degree preferred
* Experience with 3-tier distribution system
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be at least 21 years or age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Travel <30%
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, chi