About Us: Union Wine Company is a fast growing, family-oriented industrial winery in Tualatin, Oregon, who cares more about the wine you drink than the glass you drink it in. Fussiness bores us. Innovation excites us. And bringing great wine – whether it be in bottles or cans – to the table, picnic blanket or chairlift – is what drives us each and every day.We operate on a set of values that reflect the values of our close-knit team: work hard, be kind, laugh often, be responsible, act with honesty and integrity, don’t take yourself too seriously and treat others with respect.
Position Title: Staff Accountant
Summary: Partners with the Finance and Accounting Team to report timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reporting for multiple entities. This position plays a significant role in the monthly close, annual financial audit, periodic/ad-hoc financial planning and analysis, and special projects.
• Review and approve billing events to create invoices.
• Ensure invoices are entered in timely manner and in accordance with month-end schedule.
• Provide support to business units regarding invoice creation and approvals.
• Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of vendor contracts and ensures invoices are created and submitted according to contract provisions.
• Maintain payment inquiries spreadsheet for weekly check run.
• Own PO creation for all sub inventory parts and fixed asset purchases.
• Facilitate the administration of Concur and employee expense reports ensuring company policies are being followed and expenses are entered timely for month end processing.
• Oversee Amex credit card expense allocation.
• Responsible to ensure that all intercompany invoices/bills are entered for Union/CMW/Cmike/Union Wine Investments.
General Ledger/Inventory/Month End Processes
• Prepare and track the inventory build process ensuring that all finished goods and bulk wine blend builds are being completed by the first week of the following month with the ultimate goal being that they are completed in real time with 100% accuracy.
• Resolve inventory reconciliation in collaboration with warehouse support specialist to develop reporting and timing needs for posting production scrap, damages, decants repackages, and bulk wine loss to ledger.
• Track Christopher Michael Wine finished goods inventory levels and completes all builds and transfers from Union Wine Company.
• As part of the month end process, reconcile shipped orders from NWDS.
• Assist with month end journal entries and reconciliation processes.
• Support Accounting Manager with banking and reconciliation processes.
• Assist with preparation of ecommerce transaction data.
• Prepare and record grape payables; both prepayment process and recording of harvest fruit receipts and payables.
• Assist Accounting Manager with preparation for annual ABL audit.
• Support Accounting Manager with preparation of year end documents prepared by client documents for CPA’s as part of annual financial audit.
• Performs other general accounting and administrative tasks as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field required.
3-4 years relevant experience required.
Experience in the wine industry, specifically with a winery is a plus.
Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Proactively process and address work-related issues and problems.
The ability to manage and work independently in completion of work assignments.
Demonstrate high levels of working knowledge of QuickBooks and MS Office, especially Excel.
Comfortable in a fast paced environment.
Ability to work cross-functionally with team members outside of accounting department.
Strong customer service, teamwork and communication skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We want candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Union Wine Company is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
We offer a generous benefit package. Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance. Also, generous PTO, 401k with matching, paid parental and sabbatical leave.
Job Type: Full-time
Due to the nature of training required for this position, remote work cannot be supported. Masking, strong hygienic practices and 6 foot social distancing are required.