Wine Logistics Driver
Vinum 55 is a leading wine services company that offers conceirge customer service to collectors with the benefit of years of expertise and close relationships with leading experts in the wine industry. What began as a passion has turned into multiple locations in Arizona and Texas, fueled by wine-trained professionals.
Vinum 55’s focus in Texas is refrigerated wine shipping solutions that exceed standard offerings.
We are looking for the newest member of our team to be based in the Houston area.
Working hours per week: Minimum of 25 hours
Salary: $17 per hour
The position reports to our Regional Logistics Manager.
SUMMARY: Conduct and assist in the management and delivery of valuable wine shipments to collectors. Communicate regularly with customers while always providing the upmost in customer service. Services include delivery, packing, unpacking, physically relocating boxes, coordinating, and advising on a variety of wine-related topics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An Aim to Please Approach is required, with emphasis on Customer Service Skills
- Work with the logistics manager to execute wine deliveries in Houston/Austin area.
- Responsible for safely relocating fragile and valuable wine collections.
- Responsible for performing inventories of clients’ wine collections.
- Provide inventory reports to customers as required.
- Maintain equipment and tools.
- Safely operate the Company vehicle.
- Safely operate a forklift (upon successful training).
- Designated hours: Approximately 8 am – 5 pm, with some evenings.
- Work is usually performed in a 55 Degree Wine Cellar.
- Work is usually performed both outdoors and indoors.
- Must be capable of lifting 40-pound cases of wine repeatedly throughout the entire day.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to make decisions in various situations and receive direction from immediate supervisor in non-routine situations.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedules.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Valid state drivers’ license and clean driver record
- High School Diploma required some college/university a plus. Any wine knowledge or training is an advantage and preferred.
- Knowledge of email, Word, and Excel.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Must be proficient in the English language (Reading and Writing skills).
Vinum 55 is an EOE. Drug-Free Work Environment. Considerable Company Products Discount. Wine Training and Education Compensation Available after one year of exemplary work performance.