Spread across 110 acres, the Alloro Vineyard & Farm is a diversified landscape reminiscent of the Old World. In addition to the 33 acres planted in grapevines, goats, Heritage sheep, lamb, Registered Hereford cattle, and American Black Guinea Hogs all call the farm home. Along with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling and Muscat, Winter Wheat, a chestnut grove, and an acre Estate garden are all harvested here. The winery and farm are 100% operated from solar energy. In addition, Alloro’s property is sustainably farmed with a LIVE-IOBC and Salmon-Safe certification.
As we prepare to open our new Tasting House in November, we’re looking to grow our team with a like-minded, hospitality sales-focused professionals.
Alloro Vineyard is in search of Hospitality Sales Associates to work part-time in our Tasting Room. Located in the Chehalem Mountains AVA, we are a purposefully small Estate producer of classically styled Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from our single-vineyard Estate. The ideal candidate will have aligned Values with Alloro, be upbeat, positive, and thrive in a small team environment. In this guest-facing sales position, you'll find success by delighting each guest, building new and fostering current Club member relationships, and driving sales.
EXPECTATIONS AND VALUES:
- Must have a passion for people, wine, and food.
- An unwavering desire to delight each guest at every moment with our products, experiences, hospitality, and service.
- To act with integrity and show mutual respect.
- A Team First mindset, collaborating with and assisting teammates regardless of the task.
- To be Self-Evaluative by honestly and critically evaluating one's own performance on a regular basis.
- Bring meticulous attention to detail in everything you do.
- A focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
- Love what you do and don't be afraid to show it and share it!
RESPONSIBILITIES & OWNERSHIP:
- Create a warm and delightful experience when engaging with guests face-to-face, over the phone, and/or through email.
- Lead guests through educational wine tastings creating an approachable, memorable experience.
- Steward relationships to gain and sustain Cellar Club memberships.
- Effectively suggest, sell, and up-sell wine.
- Effectively execute daily Tasting Room operation to include but not limited to:
• Set-up & break down of indoor and outdoor space.
• Open and inspect the quality of wines and glassware prior to serving.
• Prepare and present printed guest materials.
• Open/Close POS system/registers.
• Manage cash drawer
• Stock wine on the Tasting Room floor.
• Perform sales transactions and shipping orders.
• Maintain clean and organized guest spaces.
• Daily cleanliness tasks.
- Must adhere to guidelines in place due to COVID-19.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Represent the winery at outside functions when necessary.
- Weekend and holiday availability.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced hospitality environment