POSITION OVERVIEW: The Regional Manager is responsible for managing Hess Collection brands within his/her assigned territory. In essence this involves the Planning, Program setting, Performance evaluation and Course Correcting of distributor teams, a process we call PEECC. This role is responsible for the following region: Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Utah. Ideally the candidate will be located in Northern California (not considering Oregon or Washington locations).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Undertake a rigorous bottoms-up Annual Operating Plan with the distributor, defining Depletions and Points growth by channel for each distributor.
• Establish clear goals with the distributor for the achievement of our four portfolio programs each year. Goals should be set at the distributor team level.
• Track the progress to goal of each distributor team and feed- back that progress to team leaders in a timely fashion.
• Work with distributor teams to execute marketing programs, high spotting with key customers where appropriate.
• Work with team leaders to course correct shortfalls to goal.
• Monitor and control distributor inventory and assist in placing new orders for shipments. Review monthly depletion reports to ensure accuracy.
• Establish relationships with key individual store and chain personnel.
• Train and develop distributor account executives and sales representatives to ensure they have a strong working knowledge of our product credentials (key selling points), quality accolades, pricing and merchandising standards and access to HFWE sales systems such as Box.
• Conduct sales meetings. Expose the brands to sales reps, buyers and consumers via tastings and shows.
• Lead sales blitzes, surveys, winemaker visits and other sales promotional activities within the region.
• Assist in preparing business reviews (quarterly), new item sales plans and strategies.
• Assist Divisional Manager in development of market budgets, as well as travel & expense budgets and monitor such budgets.
• Manage regional sales budgets, including pricing structures and programs.
• Plan and discuss in advance weekly /monthly activities with Divisional Manager
• Report monthly expenses in a timely fashion
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Candidate must be able to travel at least 50-70% of the time.
• Candidate must live in a major metropolitan area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree (or the equivalent) from a four-year college or university with at least four years experience in the industry, two of those years in wine/spirits supplier
• Demonstrated experience designing, developing, and implementing market plans that achieved a sales increase.
• Current knowledge of the market, distributors and buyers in that area.
• Demonstrated success in pricing and budget management.
• Demonstrated effective people and sales skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license or be able to travel in a timely manner.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to work with and manage distributor analysis programs along with willingness to learn Hess invoice processing and business systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to taste and smell, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Computer proficiency (PC) to include Internet & E-mail (use of attachments), Word, Excel (spreadsheets & formulas), Power point, etc.