Littorai Wines is a small, family owned and operated winery producing vineyard designated Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from the true North Coast of California. The Littorai path flows from our dedication to producing wines of place, wines which reflect the genius of an individual site, exceptional true expressions of Sonoma Coast and Anderson Valley terroir.
We have an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join our tasting room team.
Under general supervision, the tasting room staff performs sales and customer service functions, including greeting visitors as they enter the winery, educating guests about our wines and vineyard, overseeing opening/closing procedures for the tasting room, maintaining a friendly and clean tasting room environment, and assisting with hospitality and operational duties. In addition to traditional in person tasting experiences, you will also be responsible for hosting virtual tastings using video conferencing technology.
Job duties to include (but not limited to):
• Receive and host visitors for private tours and tastings at the winery.
• Employ a consultative sales approach by educating guests about Littorai Wines, biodynamic farming, our vineyard sites and winemaking philosophies.
• Phone, Tasting Room, Virtual Tastings & Events: proactive approach to selling wine to customers and encouraging wine club sign ups.
• Book appointments and respond to customer inquiries via phone and email.
• Accurately use POS registers and other winery systems to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory.
• Accurately complete end of day customer contacts/thank yous, post guest counts and wines poured.
• Adopt a professional, warm, courteous phone demeanor for all phone interactions is essential.
• Monitor online tours/tastings calendars, update our information on all wine related sites.
• General office assistance including responding to general email inbox daily and other special projects as needed.
• Maintain physical inventory of wines, pack orders and restock wine shelves and storage.
• Revise tasting menu as needed.
• Work closely with operations and hospitality staff.
• Tasting Room setup and clean up.
Skills and Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience: Minimum of 1 year winery experience or equivalent and/or 1 year of retail sales and customer service experience
• Education: High school diploma
• First-hand knowledge, appreciation and passion of fine wine and wine-related topics
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively with customers or employees
• Ability to present product, up sell & cross sell
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, point-of-sale applications, and online video conferencing programs
• Good at taking notes and following thru on assigned tasks
• Ability to come up with creative solutions in order to solve problems and improve processes
• Database management and data entry experience a plus
• Ability to work autonomously and independently
• Must maintain a professional appearance
• Ability to be a team player and maintain a positive disposition. Team building and a "can-do, pitch-in” attitude are essential
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to write routine emails and correspondence
• Ability to operate a computer, 10-key and other office equipment
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Willing to work hard to make things beautiful
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Hours and Schedule
• Part time position
• Approximately three days per week
• Availability to work Fridays, Saturdays and some holidays required
(Tasting Room hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday-Saturday)
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and key responsibilities of this position.
The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner at all times. Frequent operation of computer and other office equipment, the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend, lift, twist, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as need, and to lift and carry items up to 40 pounds.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references in PDF format.