In the absence of the shift supervisor and under limited supervision, this position is responsible for leading shifts through supervision and coordination of the warehouse activities at the Distribution facility involving safe and efficient receipt, storage and shipment of cased good product that ensures distribution of the right items, to the right places at the right time in order to increase the company & rsquo;s overall market share. This position will also oversee inventory and audit of finished goods.
• Provides hands-on support, assigns daily tasks, ensures employees have proper tools and equipment, and monitors output
• Leads in a constructive manner by example; demonstrates and encourages a strong work ethic and fosters an environment of trust and respect
• Guides team in the proper use of assets and resources to avoid waste and ensure cost-effective operations
• Ensures clear communication amongst the team; follows-up on assignments to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Informs supervisor of staffing needs
• Ensures employees conduct themselves in a safe manner and that work areas are kept clean to prevent safety hazards; immediately reports safety issues and concerns to management
• Supports change initiatives and company decisions in an effective manner
• Communicates closely with supervisor regarding employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
• Maintains company and regulatory compliance during day-day-operations and advises supervisor of any infractions; assigns and monitors employee breaks and lunches and provides backup relief
• Provides timely feedback to employees on a daily basis and informs supervisor of team/individual performance, recognition, training needs, deficiencies, etc.
• Performs all Skilled Material Handler duties as described in job description
• Conducts shift meetings, handles employee or customer concerns and fills out the Daily Shift log at end of shift
• Plans and reviews daily activities with appropriate number of team members assigned to each job function, ensuring the daily distribution goals are met and/or exceeded. Assigns breaks, lunches and coverage, if needed.
• Responsible for driving production, minimizing cost, and delivering high performance team through coaching and clear communication of expectations and performance gaps
• Assists with communicating/posting employee rotation overtime list along with controlling/minimizing overtime
• Assists with administrative functions such as transfers, shipments, receiving, prints or hand writes bill of ladings when systems are down, performs batch splits or short, and processes breakage
• Ensures team members have a safe working environment and provide recommendations for improvements on training, facility, equipment, and processes
• Leads work standards revisions, Kata /Kaizen events and implementations
• Participates in investigating inventory discrepancies and communicates findings to team
• Responsible for data input and performance reporting
• Checks outbound shipments for accuracy
• Maintains pallet and all consumables inventory
• Monitors general maintenance of facility. Assigns and participates in general upkeep of facility
• Participates in year-end cycle counts
• Oversees special projects as assigned
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent, Forklift certified.
2 years' experience in distribution, warehousing, order fulfillment, operations, and inventory with 1-2 years of supervisory experience are a must.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Demonstrated effective leadership in a team environment, high level of self-initiative, effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to work ANY shift and proficient with Word, Excel, and SAP. Able to analyze and communicate daily productivity requirement along with providing hands-on commitment/training. Solve problems, implement countermeasures, provide customer service, and the ability to prioritize.
Certificates and Licenses
Valid driver's license, forklift certified
Within Distribution Center temperature controlled facility
Drives automotive equipment
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.