COVID-19 Recruiting Update: ZOOM interviews will be conducted to fulfill initial hiring phase of this position. Social distancing, facial covering & all company COVID-19 regulations will be followed during the hiring & onboarding process. (Start October 2020)
Position Summary: As a key member of the bottling team, the Machine Operator is responsible for performing daily production, sanitizing and bottling operations in addition to warehouse operation functions including utilizing lift trucks to stage and ship open wine orders, as well as organizing and maintaining inventory for a large-scale production facility when needed.
Operate bottling line machines as trained and directed, perform sanitation, cleaning and light maintenance as trained and directed.
Work as part of a high performing team ensuring all bottling line functions are performed according to standards and published Work Instructions.
Assist the other team members in completing all daily tasks as needed and/or directed. Team members will be cross trained on multiple machines and will be expected to assist in cross training other team members in areas they are qualified to train in.
Clean the line per Work Instructions in addition to general housekeeping.
Lift truck’s will be used as needed in order to complete required tasks.
Complete in process checklists and maintenance checklists.
Communicate effectively with other team members, Supervisors, Maintenance and Management.
Participation and input into the Continuous Improvement program is highly encouraged.
Prepare custom case wine orders requiring hand stacking and consolidating with other warehouse items, i.e. wine sale sample orders, point of sales materials, etc.
Assist with all case goods physical inventories and cycle counts.
May be responsible for tail off activity from bottling lines requiring verification of case goods produced.
Assist entry-level employees in lift equipment use and general warehousing practices.
Remain in compliance with housekeeping, standard operating procedures and safety guidelines.
Other duties as assigned.
Must be team oriented, reliable and possess a strong work ethic.
Knowledge of general bottling line and warehousing operations.
Requires mobility throughout various warehouse facilities, bottling lines and offices.
Prior experience in beverage industry, a plus.
Prior clamp/squeeze lift truck experience preferred.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and technical manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess basic computer skills including e-mail, internet, and keyboarding.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
High School diploma, GED certificate required, or equivalent education & prior work experience combination.
A minimum of one year of experience working in a warehouse environment.
Forklift certification, or ability to obtain a forklift certification.
Requires ability to read and understand work orders in English;
Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Heavy physical activity performing regular strenuous activities, including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, carrying, pushing, pulling, squatting, and other motions. Stability and balance adequate for elevated and/or narrow work areas. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight independently, and up to 100 lbs. or more with assistance. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, grasp, hold, handle items, and work with the fingers, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Clear vision (close and distant), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. Hearing adequate for working safety around machinery, vehicles, and other equipment.
• Indoor and outdoor environment with variable lighting, temperature and/or ventilation. Areas may or may not be heated, air-conditioned, or shaded. Outdoor periods frequently required in changing weather conditions. Exposure to fumes and/or a variety of chemicals. Moderate to high noise levels typical of machinery, power tools, vehicles, and other equipment. (Note: PPE provided for all workers.) Requires PPE such as facial covering, safety toe footwear, hearing protection and safety glasses.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
• Position does not require overnight travel.
Competitive compensation wage and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.