Napa headquartered company is seeking a Collection/Credit Specialist to join our finance team. This position is an integral part of our sales chain and interacts with many departments throughout the organization as well as heavy customer interaction to maintain performance standards within a portfolio of accounts.
• Monitor customer accounts for past due balances, stale credit memos, discrepancies, etc.
• Develop effective rapport with customers, team members and sales representatives.
• Facilitate customer order flow through timely review of credit holds.
• Reconcile, research and substantiate customer account inquiries.
• Manage new account establishment through direct customer contact or via company’s sales representatives.
• Perform credit review, reference check and other background information gathering in establishing new credit accounts and evaluating changes to terms and credit limits for existing accounts.
• Maintain customer files and notes with accuracy and all legally required documents.
• Interact with third party agencies handling severely past due account, closed accounts, etc.
• Related duties and projects as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 2 – 3 years accounts receivable, credit or collection experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Must be able to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor while working with customers, sales representatives, other teams within the company
• Highly organized and effective in managing multiple tasks concurrently
Company is an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be given equal consideration under state and federal laws.