Since 1996 WineBid has made it possible for wine enthusiasts and collectors to acquire fine, rare and vintage wines online. Today WineBid is the largest online wine auction with over 100,000 registered bidders. Our weekly online auction starts every Sunday with a new selection of wine to bid on or Buy Now. WineBid is based in Seattle, Washington, with a large operation in Napa, California, where we've built a state-of-the-art warehouse. Our staff of experienced wine professionals inspects, photographs and notes the conditions for every bottle of wine we auction. Every WineBid customer has a cellar, where buyers and sellers can manage their collection online and have access to pricing data and automated reporting. If you're a wine collector, you'll find new offerings of fine and rare wines every week at WineBid. If you are interested in selling wine, WineBid offers an easy and efficient way to sell your wines in a global market.
WineBid has an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to work in our Illinois region. In this role, your primary goal is to procure consignments of fine and rare wine for auction. Our ideal candidate has experience with fine wine and enjoys partnering with consignors to use WineBid’s auction platform to sell their wine. In this role, you will work with high net worth individuals and collectors to consign and sell the world’s most acclaimed and prestigious wines.
• Create pipeline of new wine consigners
• Source new consignors and expand auction inventory in the Illinois region
• Conduct initial appraisals of wines to ensure competitive auction pricing
• Research current market values and trends
• Manage relationships with existing consignors and communicate during all phases of the consignment and auction process
• Shipping & logistics of consignments
• Handle post auction queries from clients
• Regional travel
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent wine knowledge and a genuine enthusiasm for the world of fine wines
• An understanding of the online wine auction process
• At least two years of previous wine industry work experience, preferably as a sommelier, wine storage facility or wine merchant, or possibly with a distributor or importer
• Experience working with and network of high net worth individuals and wine collectors
• The ability to work easily with computers, databases, spreadsheets and Microsoft Office programs
• An undergraduate college degree
• Typing skills and a proclivity for paying close attention to details
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• A pro-active approach to sales and business
• The ability to lift approximately 50 lbs., (the basic weight of a case of wine)
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WineBid is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.