Founded in 2002, Dobbes Family Estate/Wine by Joe embodies over three decades of winemaking. Our roots are solid and we are driven by an unrelenting commitment to consistently produce wines that exude the best of Oregon. We embrace new possibilities and try to deliver an evolved wine experience for everyone we interact with. Our group of dynamic people and partners take pride in every single aspect of our business and output. We stand proud and progressive, inclusive and intentional, at every turn. Our passion fuels us and we exude it in everything we do.
We’re People Who Like People
People are at the heart of who we are. From our employees to our partners and our esteemed guests, it is our intention to ensure everyone feels welcome and included. We are committed to maintaining a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace founded on respect, acceptance and appreciation for all individuals. It is our belief that having a diverse and inclusive workplace is critical to our success including our ability to attract and retain employees, ensure our employees thrive and to better serve our customers.
We Work With Purpose
Every decision we make from in the vineyards, to winemaking, to our tasting room is intentional. We are generous with our time and our resources, giving back to our company and community in as many ways as we can.
We Learn Something New Every Day
The art of running a wine business and the craft of winemaking are works in constant progress. It requires craftsmanship, curiosity,
The Creative Manager is responsible for assisting with, owning and executing creative marketing projects for Dobbes Family Estate, Wine by Joe, and Dundee Vintners. Primary responsibilities include designing and producing high quality content for a variety of mediums: email, web, social, print, multimedia, mobile, video, etc. Creative thinking and writing, attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to communicate effectively are key for ensuring success in this role, Additionally, experience in graphic design and photography as well as a full command of digital design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are critical. The position reports to the VP of Marketing and Sales.
High level job summary:
• Responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative deliverables for Marketing, DTC and Wholesale teams.
• Manage graphic standards for all marketing communications, incorporating consistent brand standards for digital/print campaigns, advertising, PR, events, etc.
• Oversee projects involving company websites, web landing pages, email & SMS promotions & templates, social media ads, retail materials, premiums as well as packaging and collateral.
• Actively participate in ongoing brainstorms and promotional calendars, and then execute on the creation of assets for the resulting campaigns
• Work with stakeholders within the organization to develop creative collateral to support key initiatives, such as selling wine, increasing club membership, visiting tasting rooms, and attending winery events
• Develop a deep understanding of all brands and consumers
• Demonstrate a strong comprehension of color, typography and design hierarchy
• Develop, edit and proof copy as needed
• Handle additional responsibilities as required by management
• Physical print design includes logos, packaging, collateral, retail and promotional materials
• Work with Production Manager to manage design production of packaging projects
• Attend label press checks
• Drive and execute photography direction for all asset content including familiarity with pre and post-production and photo-editing
• Use video concepting and editing skills to support and creatively collaborate with internal marketing team
• Assist with event details, deliverables, theme planning, and logistics as needed
• Design, layout and print promotional material for wholesale which may include retail program development (Case cards, Retail Posters, Shelf Talkers, Neckers, and Sell Sheets), Power Point presentations
• Develop website layout, website landing page design, social media creative (both organic and paid) including photography, video and motion graphics, and email templates
• Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
• Deep knowledge of social media ad asset guidelines, and an understanding of platform capabilities and user behavior
• Media buying/optimization experience a plus
• Bachelors degree in Design/Fine Arts or related field or equivalent professional experience
• At least one year experience with website management knowledge (HTML, CSS, coding, SEO, etc)
• 2+ years of professional graphic design experience
• Must present a portfolio of professional creative work samples that illustrate abilities to develop successful, impactful omni channel campaigns
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent written communication skills (spelling and grammar)
• Competency in Adobe Creative Suite applications Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator