Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Celebrating over 50 years of acclaimed winegrowing, Fetzer Vineyards was founded in 1968 in Mendocino County, California. An award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide, Fetzer Vineyards is a leader in sustainable business practices, organic winegrowing, and craftsmanship in the cellar.
In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards, named American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2016. Other California offerings include Anthony’s Hill, Relay, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American selections from Chile and Argentina.
We are seeking a skilled Sr. Production Planner to be responsible for developing the master production plan and detailed bottling schedule to satisfy customer delivery expectations while carrying minimum effective inventory. In this capacity, you will be responsible for providing the plant with a production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast and scheduling of raw material. Sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations and internal capacity constraints will be used to develop these production plans. In this highly visible role, you will collaborate with the director of production, finance managers, operations, sales, customer service and management in order to meet business goals. This position reports to the director of supply chain.
Master Scheduling – 35%
• Set and maintain the master production schedule (MPS) ensuring that the plan meets all supply requirements and conforms to defined inventory levels and meets capacity limits.
• Develop a bulk wine demand plan and coordinate the plan with winemaking.
• Develop targets for appropriate finished goods inventory levels and plan production to those targets.
• Develop a finished goods import plan and coordinate plan with customer service.
• Develop and maintain a capacity plan for production and review plan with appropriate production personnel.
Detailed Scheduling - 25%
• Develop, set, and maintain the detailed bottling schedule, which supports the MPS and considers open finished goods orders, available machine time, available person-hours, and works within capacity and raw material constraints.
• Communicate the bottling schedule to all appropriate parties.
Raw Material Planning - 20%
• Perform material requirements planning (MRP) to support the MPS while minimizing raw material write-off. Plan will also support package changes.
• Provide raw material forecast to the procurement department.
• Prepare and submit raw material write-of lists.
SAP Master Data – 20%
• Create and maintain all production master data in SAP.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and eight plus years of production planning experience including a thorough knowledge of a variety of manufacturing activities including purchasing, materials, engineering and production processes, or equivalent combination education/experience
• Demonstrated ability to independently plan, coordinate and complete multiple assignments with accuracy and within designated timeframe
• Advanced communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise manner
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts; able to work in a matrixed reporting relationship
• Ability to work flexible schedule to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability and intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Working knowledge of SAP, preferred
• Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), a plus
Ability to lift and carry, push and pull up to 20 lbs. on an occasional basis; ability to sit and work at a desk for long periods of time; requires ability to walk and stand; reach outward and upward, climb, crawl, squat, kneel, and bend; requires hand and finger dexterity for keyboarding and working at computer for extended periods of time.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
Fetzer Vineyards’ California winery operation includes Mendocino County winery, production and over 1000 acres of vineyard locations. The company employs over 300 across the United States.
During shelter in place, this role will work remotely and may require the ability to visit our Hopland office for training purposes.
After restrictions have been lifted, this role will be based at our Hopland corporate office located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449. Hopland is a small town of less than 800 people located at the start of the Redwoods of Northern California. It is about a two-hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry by applying online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.