Pine Ridge has been dedicated to crafting Cabernet Sauvignon for over 40 years. Blending the restraint and tradition of Bordeaux with the vibrancy of California results in Cabernet Sauvignon–based wines that truly express their origin. Located in the Stags Leap District of Napa Valley, Pine Ridge Vineyards is comprised of 11 estate vineyards in Napa's best appellations. We focus on Cabernet Sauvignon from Stags Leap District, Howell Mountain, Oakville, Rutherford, and a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
The Tasting Room Associate is responsible for ensuring that guests to the winery receive impeccable customer service, while sampling our award winning wines and learning about our vineyards, history and wine making practices. We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic, self-starter who is flexible and loves working in a team environment. The candidate must be passionate about wine and have the ability to sell and develop lasting relationships with guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects the essential functions for this job. Other tasks may be assigned from time to time. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Greet all visitors with enthusiasm
• Lead guests through wine tasting flights – educating them about the winery story, wines, and brand. Ensure a fun and memorable customer experience.
• Work towards developing relationships with guests to convert into Wine Club members
• Effectively suggest and sell wine, with the ability to “up-sell”
• Daily Tasting Room operations:
o Set up / breaking down all indoor and outdoor tasting room spaces.
o Open and verify condition of wines
o Prepare printed guest materials
o Open/Close POS system/registers.
o Manage cash drawer
o Stock wine and merchandise on Tasting Room floor and store rooms
o Perform sales transactions and for carry-out and shipping orders
o Maintain clean and organized guest spaces at all times
• Provide warm, engaging and professional customer service and go the extra mile for all guests
• Assist with monthly inventory
• Conduct Winery Tours in a professional, engaging and informative manner
• Actively continue education in wine production, viticulture, and winery history
• Strong ability to sell wine and various club memberships to all types of customers
• Represent the winery at outside functions when necessary
• Quickly recognize the signs that a guest should not be served alcohol and take appropriate action to professionally address the situation.
• Behave in a professional and mature manner at all times
EXPECTATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have excellent knowledge of wine and food with enthusiasm to continually learn new information and share knowledge with guests and other co-workers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face) are required
• Enthusiastic, passionate and dynamic communication style
• Comfortable speaking in front of crowds
• Self-aware, able to work independently, and driven to make a difference
• Must have a positive attitude and outlook with the ability to work within a team atmosphere
• Must remain calm under pressure
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and pass a physical exam and a drug test
• Must possess or have ability to acquire a Wine service and Food Handler’s Licenses
• Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
• Must be able to work in a fast paced hospitality environment
• TIPS Certified (or complete training within 60 days of hire)
• Experience with a luxury wine brand a plus